Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: New here

(Northampton County)

Default New here

Hows it goin guys? Im new here to the site. Love shooting and hunting and everything in between. I recently just got my concealed carry permit, which brings me to my first question.. Ive been reading the " Self Defense of All 50 States" By Mitch and Evan Vilos. Copyrighted in 2010. According to the book, PA has the "retreat" laws. However, after doing a little online I found that PA got rid of the retreat laws? I remember an article stating "shoot first, ask questions later", which was a quote by a rep. Can anyone give me a brief update on the self defense laws or a link to find them? Thanks

(York County)

Default Re: New here

Quote Originally Posted by DIESELbowhunter View Post
    Hows it goin guys? Im new here to the site. Love shooting and hunting and everything in between. I recently just got my concealed carry permit, which brings me to my first question.. Ive been reading the " Self Defense of All 50 States" By Mitch and Evan Vilos. Copyrighted in 2010. According to the book, PA has the "retreat" laws. However, after doing a little online I found that PA got rid of the retreat laws? I remember an article stating "shoot first, ask questions later", which was a quote by a rep. Can anyone give me a brief update on the self defense laws or a link to find them? Thanks

"It's complicated."

Here is a thread with the same questions just started a day or two ago...

http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...round-law.html
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.