Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default PMAG panic over?

Stopped by Tanners today , they have gen 2 pmags no limit for 13.95 .I think they have 1500 . Have we finally seen the fall of pmag prices back to earth? Didn't look hard but it seemed they had wall of ar's below 1000. Just pray ammo craze will die down so I can go shooting and easily replace what I shoot.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: PMAG panic over?

Quote Originally Posted by HRearden View Post
    Stopped by Tanners today , they have gen 2 pmags no limit for 13.95 .I think they have 1500 . Have we finally seen the fall of pmag prices back to earth? Didn't look hard but it seemed they had wall of ar's below 1000. Just pray ammo craze will die down so I can go shooting and easily replace what I shoot.
    Actually they are $12.99 each. We have a ton of AR's under $1,000. Now we just need ammo to sell.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by RJR View Post
    Actually they are $12.99 each. We have a ton of AR's under $1,000. Now we just need ammo to sell.
    Seriously.. I have a kid brother who wants to shoot his new 10-22 and he can't because .22 is either impossible to find or they want a kings ransom for it.

(Chester County)

Black rifles, standard capacity mags, and even semi-auto pistols are seemingly available again in good numbers, and at or near pre-panic prices. Now, only if ammo would become less expensive, and more available. I can't reload .22, so my Ruger MK II's are getting less, and less exercise.

(Bucks County)

PMAGS are everywhere at that price point. Now speculators who bought them for more are sitting there trying to sell them for what they paid and not getting it.

Last night around 7PM, Midway put out an email letting those who registered that Federal Champion Fresh Fire Ammunition 22 Long Rifle 36 Grain Plated Lead Hollow Point Sealed Can of 325 was available for $19.95. You could buy two.

I have no idea how many cans Midway gets in at a time but it must be in the thousands to cover the country.

I logged onto the site within two minutes of the email and all of them were gone. .22's are cheap so people trying to double or triple their money are buying all they can get and then reselling them here and on other forums/sites.

Stop chasing the stuff from speculators and just like PMAG's, 22. LR will be back and at the normal price.

Yeah PMAGs are definitely back to normal. I just picked up 10 Gen 3s from JSE surplus for something like $14 a mag (I figured I better stock up since Colorado's magazine ban goes into effect July 1).

I have also seen a lot of normal priced ARs. Just waiting for ammo to to come back down. The fact of the matter is, the people who are doing the panic buying on ammo still aren't shooting it. Eventually they are going to reach a point where they feel "comfrortable" with how much ammo they have, and stop buying. Once that happens, ammo should be back to regular availibility and pricing. It's just going to take a while.

(Allegheny County)

PMAGS look to be coming back to regular prices at least for the standard ones. I haven't seen the window mags available as much.
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion

(Perry County)

This is great news. I wonder how disruptive to supply their impending move will be??

(Crawford County)

Semi-auto pistol stocks are coming back at reasonable prices, Ar and AKs are showing up on shelves, and my local gunsmith is predicting the revolver craze should die down soon.

Ammo is the last hold out for panic level buying, and I'm beginning to think the gunshops posting ammo inventory on sites like Facebook with "JUST IN, BUY NOW, LIMITED SUPPLY" is feeding the craze long past its normal end date. If the local gunshops would let the ammo buy out at a normal pace through general walk in business, chances are they would have a bit of supply for more than ten minutes after putting it on the shelf, and those of us who work for a living and can't camp out at the store would have a shot at getting some, too.
    "When I hit it, I expect it to fall the hell down and die!"