Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lehigh County)

Default Bucks Little Leaguers to bow to gun-rights rivals

http://mobile.philly.com/news/?wss=/.../&id=206526481
    RON CORTES / Staff Photographer
    A Morrisville Little League game. At the urging of state police, the Bucks league has been rearranging Saturday games to avoid potential conflict of two gun-rights rallies.
    By Chris Palmer
    Inquirer Staff Writer

Hundreds of Bucks County Little League players have unwittingly been caught in the midst of the national gun-rights debate.

With competing gun-related rallies scheduled Saturday at Williamson Park in Morrisville, used by the town's Little League, league officials, at the urging of state police, are moving, rescheduling, or canceling more than 20 games to avoid any potential conflict that might erupt over the emotional issue.

The matter is of particular urgency, since supporters of gun rights say they plan to legally carry guns as part of their rally.

Months ago, a rally to protest gun violence was planned at the park by the Coalition for Peace Action, according to the coalition's executive director, the Rev. Robert Moore. Former Gov. Ed Rendell and State Rep. Steve Santarsiero (D., Bucks) are scheduled to speak at the event.

The counterrally, by supporters of the Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Association (PAFOA), Concerned Guns Owners of Bucks County, and other groups, will be held along the banks of the Delaware River next to the park. Philip Kline, a lawyer and PAFOA supporter, said some attendees would likely be carrying firearms.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Bucks Little Leaguers to bow to gun-rights rivals

Do we have any of specifics about time and such and when this is gonna be? Me and some friends of mine from DelCo are interested in coming to support you guys in Bucks.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Bucks Little Leaguers to bow to gun-rights rivals

Quote Originally Posted by m16a View Post
    Do we have any of specifics about time and such and when this is gonna be? Me and some friends of mine from DelCo are interested in coming to support you guys in Bucks.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...-may-11-a.html
    IANAL