Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Tioga County)

Default New S&W M&P9 Pro C.O.R.E.

I just picked this up a couple of weeks ago and I think S&W got it right with this one. Mine is the M&P9 Pro C.O.R.E. 4.25" this thing can shoot, the trigger was a little gritty but that was an easy fix for my gunsmith, it took him about 5 minutes to fix. Other than the trigger. Anyone else have one? What do you think of it?

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: New S&W M&P9 Pro C.O.R.E.

I've been wanting one, and am interested in adding to my S&W plastic collection. I have the SW9VE and the SD9VE, both of which I love. S&W have been improving their plastic models and have really hit the nail on the head with the M&P line.

My goal is to have one of each 9mm handguns they've ever made, and so far I'm up to 5 of them in both steel and plastic.

I shot the Pro CORE a few weeks ago in Ohio...I rented one at the range. The trigger on the rental was clean, very smooth compared to earlier offerings.
    "A free people ought to be armed."--George Washington

(Greene County)

I just put a Pro CORE Series 9mm on layaway, I'm hoping to have it by the end of the month.. Mine is the 5" model, and after I do a few minor tweaks (trigger job, new sights), I'm gonna run it in some IDPA matches.. I have a Shield and my friend has a 4.25" full size model M&P that both shoot fantastic, so I'm pretty excited to pick mine up..

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by dgates6120 View Post
    I just picked this up a couple of weeks ago and I think S&W got it right with this one. Mine is the M&P9 Pro C.O.R.E. 4.25" this thing can shoot, the trigger was a little gritty but that was an easy fix for my gunsmith, it took him about 5 minutes to fix. Other than the trigger. Anyone else have one? What do you think of it?
    Please let us know when you get it to the range. I've been seriously thinking of trading in my M&P9 no safety on one. Apart from how it acts at the range, it would be interesting to know which optic you went with and are you happy with it.

(Tioga County)

I've put about 700 rds through it all kinds of stuff from handloads to premium stuff and not one FTF, FTE it seems to eat anything you throw at it. Not much recoil and it comes with the night sights so it's pretty easy to get back on target if shooting rapid fire. I ordered the Trijicon RMR sight for it and as far as the cowitness with the sight on the gun i'll have to give everyone an update after I get it installed. Accuracy with the open sights is pretty good i'm shooting about 4" groups at 20 yards and it's improving all the time. I hope that answers some questions.