Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Issue of concern with my Kahr P380 and seeking guidance from experts

Bought the weapon about a year ago and use it primarily as my EDC, yes a mouse gun but a gun nonetheless.

Initial break in was rough but that was expected, flawless over the last 300 rounds and cycled sporatic mags of my EDC ammo, Hornady quite nicely.

To make a long story short, I let two individuals on the lane beside me at the range try it out and every magazine malfunctioned (ammo feed issue)...in total about 4 jams over 10 rounds!

I quickly bought the gun back to my lane and fired 4-5 magazines both rapid and paced with zero malfunctions/hiccups.

My question to the experts is should I be concerned? What are the chances that these feed errors could simply be accounted for by user error, these kids were young 21-24, fairly new to shooting, and shooting one handed to top it off

I am concerned that my EDC is so temperamental.

Default Re: Issue of concern with my Kahr P380 and seeking guidance from experts

Limp wrist syndrome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7kZx7g-Xm8

U have nothing to worry about.

(Mercer County)

Default Re: Issue of concern with my Kahr P380 and seeking guidance from experts

If the gun runs reliably and consistently for YOU, I wouldn't worry about it.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

I agree with limp wristing. These little guns are hard to handle and get a good grip on so if you have novice shooter using a firearm suitable for trained shooters this could happen. If it works well when you shoot it with the ammo you like carry it and don't worry...

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Hokkmike Guest

Limp wristing immediately came to my mind also.

(Delaware County)

Ditto again on the limp wristing. Glocks are known as very reliable guns, but they will also limp wrist jam if you hold them weird.

I have seen glocks fire thousands of rounds with no issue, then you hand it to a newbie and it jams multiple times. Its not the Glocks fault because the shooter is tea cupping, and holding it so loose that you see the grip and barrel flip up over 45 degrees during recoil.

(Cumberland County)

Wink Re: Issue of concern with my Kahr P380 and seeking guidance from experts

sounds like limp wristing to me. if it works well for you be happy. just make sure you can duplicate your form during a stressful situation or you may have a issue as well. this just goes to show you how close to function/reliability these little pocket guns are built. btw it is not just kahr,s this applies to other pocket guns as well.

(Lancaster County)

I agree that its most likely limp wristing. If your shooting environment is suitable, try limp wristing it yourself and see if it happens again.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by EandGWZ View Post
    My question to the experts is should I be concerned? What are the chances that these feed errors could simply be accounted for by user error,
    The only way to make sure is to do the following:

1. Lock the slide back and insert an empty magazine.
    2. Take a pencil and place the eraser on the follower and slowly push it down. While your pushing it down, lightly hold your left thumb on the mag release button, if the button moves as the follower passes the window it will need modified otherwise nose dive feed problems will continue.

After I modified my mag followers my feed problems stopped. If you need to do the modification you can find the info in post #2 in this link.

http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1612
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22341&dateline=139092  6582

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast