Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: PA Castle doctrine and Stand your Ground Law.

Quote Originally Posted by SSG Retired View Post
    What ever happened to the good old days when two guys beat the shit out of each other, then went and had a beer. People today are such pussies.
    Yeah, all those people dying as a result screwed it up for everybody.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr..._2008-2012.xls

(7-800 people die a year from 'personal weapons' - hands, fists, feet, being pushed)

(Allegheny County)

What ever happened to the good old days when two guys beat the shit out of each other, then went and had a beer. People today are such pussies.
    Two guys will still beat the shit out of each other...then three days later guy A will show up with three of his buddies and a few baseball bats.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Does the guy outweigh you by twice as much...
    Are you supposed to ask a guy to get on a scale before you shoot him?

'Cause I don't generally have a scale with me when I am out and about.

A simple ass beating does not justify homicide.
    Are you supposed to wait for the ass beating to be completed, so you can determine whether it is "simple" or perhaps one more "complex" that results in brain injury and perhaps coma?

The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    Are you supposed to wait for the ass beating to be completed, so you can determine whether it is "simple" or perhaps one more "complex" that results in brain injury and perhaps coma?
    I call an ass beating "serious bodily harm."

Also, the attackers weight is irrelevant. A friend in college was about 5'7" to my 6'2" and weighed probably thirty pounds less than my 185. He could kick my ass and not even break a sweat.

(Philadelphia County)

Someone said it, and it's true as per the FBI crime statistics as of two years ago (the trend has stayed the same for over 20 years, too): more people die from fist fights than from rifles and shotguns combined. I've always taken a fist fight as someone trying to take my life; that little figure reinforces that for me.

If a man is attacking you -- regardless of weight and size -- with the intent to hurt you you're a fool if you do not reply in kind. If you are in good physical health (read: not currently suffering from any impairments) and can physically defend yourself that's one thing (and I advise people who meet those criteria to defend themselves without a firearm if they can), but if someone is the aggressor and getting the better of you? Well, if you tried to walk away and they continued to attack I think it is perfectly acceptable to use deadly force via firearm. Those saying otherwise have probably never been in a fight and don't really know how bad they can get.

(Northampton County)

Nowadays the loser gets his head cracked open or stabbed to death.

Of course, not being a pussy, you could handle that.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by LordTobias View Post
    Someone said it, and it's true as per the FBI crime statistics as of two years ago (the trend has stayed the same for over 20 years, too): more people die from fist fights than from rifles and shotguns combined. I've always taken a fist fight as someone trying to take my life; that little figure reinforces that for me.

If a man is attacking you -- regardless of weight and size -- with the intent to hurt you you're a fool if you do not reply in kind. If you are in good physical health (read: not currently suffering from any impairments) and can physically defend yourself that's one thing (and I advise people who meet those criteria to defend themselves without a firearm if they can), but if someone is the aggressor and getting the better of you? Well, if you tried to walk away and they continued to attack I think it is perfectly acceptable to use deadly force via firearm. Those saying otherwise have probably never been in a fight and don't really know how bad they can get.
    So if you are winning a fight, then he can shoot you. If you are losing you can shoot him? How about just avoid a fight all to begin with. 99.9% of fights can be avoided in some way. No one is going to attack someone who is not negatively affecting their life/ego or threatening them in anyway. Best defense is to avoid the situation as much as possible. Every self defense class teaches that 1st day

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Does the guy outweigh you by twice as much, is he a 'roid raging freakazoid, does he have 2-3 buddies behind him?
    Does size matter? Bruce Lee was 5 ft 8 in and 141 lb.

Not weighing in on the issue of OK to shoot or not, just pointing out that real threats may not be as simple as "twice your size".

Also, not a personal dig at you knight0334 - just using your words as an example because i think its a common thought.
    Ignorance is bliss!

(Allegheny County)

There are a couple of attorneys here that offer firearms law workshops. I highly recommend attending one.
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion

(Centre County)

Whats with all of you guys, you mean to tell me you have never in your life been in a fight? Wow must be nice to live there. I been in a few and have not yet found the need to draw any type of weapon. Guess i am the one living in the fantasy world, but then again it has been a few years, times have changed. I still think most youngsters lack the grit for a good ol dust up.

edit: I know this is about someone breaking into your home and stand your ground which is totally different from a good bar room brawl.
    Last edited by SSG Retired; August 25th, 2014 at 11:34 AM.
    DEEDS NOT WORDS..GFY!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast