Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Heidelberg Sportsman’s Association Multi Gun Shoot

QUADZILLA: i would like to thank you for the kind words about my 15 y/o brothers shooting... now yes it does probably stem from me and him playing copious amounts of call of duty black ops 2 but in a serious note there are quite a few times that him and i have finished first and second at some of the other shoots that we do. I will make sure to pass on the good words to him and hope to see yall at next months shoot!

Quote Originally Posted by QUADZILLA View Post
    This is a good point, as I have shot with different groups that have done it both ways....different RO's seem to handle it both ways with really no consistancies. What I HAVE seen is that both ways have been done VERY safely....drop the extra mag with additional rounds (if using a back up mag) and ejecting the round in the chamber. I personally have no issue with this, but it needs to be addressed so that EVERY competitor is doing it the exact same way, no matter what squad they are on.

Additionally, I have to say that every squad I've shot with so far that I have NOT had a single issue with brass (I've never shot with Joe, but his son has made his way to our squad in the past on occasion to scrounge brass).

This past weekend was no exception. Everyone pitched in and helped pick it all up...cold or "warm", it always found it's rightful owner since 98% of us who reload have our own marking system....for these shoots, I bring my nickle cased .40 with a purple slash....easy to ID...seems as if everyone else has their own unique way.....just saying...

I personally have no issues with spectators....my girlfriend goes along so that we can spend time together away from the kids. She loves to go to the range to shoot, but really, really hates people watching her. One of these days though, I'll get her to compete...some way some how. However, she ALWAYS pitches in taping the targets or with resetting. Comes in handy when the lunch ladies roll in and the squads diminsh...lol. She even reminded me this month that we had no where to go afterwards and that we should help with the tear down. Made me feel bad for almost bailing out!

I do have an issue with children picking up brass due to the lead and other bad stuff. I will say that the kids that have been there have been pretty well supervised though from what I have seen, including Joe's son. Not defending anyone, just pointing that out....

There was one boy about 14 or so in the squad ahead of us....I was REALLY impressed with his firearm handling skills and safety awareness. He totally rocked the pistol (not sure if that comes from playing video games or not...lol), but he was SAFE, his movements methodical, deliberate and accurate. Kudos to whoever's son that was!

Also, I was very happy to hear during the safety meeting that all SPECTATORS were required eye protection as well as hearing....last year I took some shotgun pellet riccochet to the back of the neck from stage one while I was at the picnic table and this month I got hit in the knee. Those parts of the body don't hurt since there is very little energy left to them, but I can only imagine taking one to the eyeball......

Tom and all put on a first class shot and spend tons of time away from their families to do so every month. Steve W. is a first class gentleman and teacher....he took me under his wing several years ago when I first started doing these shoots. I'm very, very grateful for what they do for us! There are some great people at these shoots...hopefully we can ALL learn from this and move on, becoming better as we go....

(Montgomery County)

All that being said, I still can't help and wonder why all that was said about Joe by so many people why so much focus on this?
    It comes from an old liberal play book "deny and make counter accusations"and it worked after all he had you explaining and justifying you and your wifes actions and no attention on all the things said about him.

[QUOTE Erica and myself are thinking maybe it's time to move on to calmer waters and focus more on shooting skills and not my typing skills. ][/QUOTE]

I certaily under stand your thoughts it's the same one i went through it's a real shame the leadership lets this one competitor drive away so many other shooters.If any club officers care and are reading this i have received over half dozen PMs from past shooters supporting me in my decision and posts, feel free to PM me i will share the text with you but not the names.Many feel there is only one answer to fix this issue.

Hey MEK if you want PM me and i can give you a couple names of shoots and organizers that would be happy to have you and your wife's help and have you shoot with them

(Lancaster County)

Maybe a little late.... but to me the ammo restriction limits the rounds in the magazine, not how many magazines can be carried. If the round count is 16, I think it's reasonable to only allow 16 rounds in a magazine, but a competitor could carry as many magazines they wanted as they safely could.

Clarification?

(Lancaster County)

Yes there has never been a limit on number of magazines that debate is over total number of rounds on the person, my concern along with others is as a gun jams and in order to clear the jam you lose one or two rounds then you are short to finish the course of fire. I personally feel there is no problem on limiting the number of rounds fired and as long as the guns are locked open and cleared before staging them .I don't see a safety concern with extra rounds on the person

When's the match in June?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    When's the match in June?
    June 15, 10am start

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456