Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default 4th of July Armed March on D.C.

Anyone see this yet? It should be interesting.

Radio Host to Lead Armed March on DC July 4th 'To Put Gov't on Notice that We Won't be Intimidated'

Libertarian activist and radio host, Adam Kokesh plans to lead an armed march on Washington, D.C. this Independence Day.

Launched as a group on Facebook, the "Open Carry March on Washington" hopes to get 1,000 supporters to march into the nation's capital with loaded rifles.

The group plans to meet at Arlington National Cemetery in Virginia. From there, they will march across the Memorial Bridge into Washington, D.C. and continue down Independence Avenue.

While Virginia permits open carry, Washington, D.C. does not issue any permit/licenses to carry a firearm.

The Facebook page states:

"This is an act of civil disobedience, not a permitted event. We will march with rifles loaded & slung across our backs to put the government on notice that we will not be intimidated & cower in submission to tyranny."

The event is said to be non-violent and states that if the group is met with physical resistance, they will turn back.

"There's a remote chance that there will be violence as there has been from government before, and I think it should be clear that if anyone involved in this event is approached respectfully by agents of the state, they will submit to arrest without resisting," the event's page reads.

The event is open to unarmed supporters, journalists and welcomes law enforcement officers to join.

http://cnsnews.com/blog/gregory-gwyn...ice-we-wont-be

Default Re: 4th of July Armed March on D.C.

I posted this on another 2A forum. It will certainly be interesting if it goes down. Don't be surprised if Mr. Kokesh is arrested on a "domestic terror" or "sedition" charge prior to July 4th.

I think it's ballsy but ill-advised at this current time. The media is going to demonize the shit out of this, along with everyone but the most ardent absolute defenders of the Second Amendment. The average brainwashed apathetic American will see this as insane, every single one of them! Every single one of the armed protesters will probably be arrested by the D.C. police, DHS, Secret Service and every other LEO there.

So who here is going?
    Not to be confused with PAFOA member John Doe from Montgomery County, PA

(Bucks County)

Better bring your own body bag

I say he is doing it for the publicity and I would put money on it that he never hits the DC limits. It'll somehow get shut down by the Gov or something will come up.
    We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.-Benjamin Franklin

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Doe View Post
    I posted this on another 2A forum. It will certainly be interesting if it goes down. Don't be surprised if Mr. Kokesh is arrested on a "domestic terror" or "sedition" charge prior to July 4th.

I think it's ballsy but ill-advised at this current time. The media is going to demonize the shit out of this, along with everyone but the most ardent absolute defenders of the Second Amendment. The average brainwashed apathetic American will see this as insane, every single one of them! Every single one of the armed protesters will probably be arrested by the D.C. police, DHS, Secret Service and every other LEO there.

So who here is going?
    Im not so sure about that. Liberals do not like to see the Police breaking up peaceful protests or arresting people who are clearly voicing their political opinions. It becomes a slippery slope, if gun rights protesters get arrested today, it may be pro-abortion groups tomorrow, and animal rights lovers the next day.

Either way, it takes a lot of conviction to knowingly violate an unjust law. If they go through with it I wish them the best.

Quote Originally Posted by wewo View Post
    Im not so sure about that. Liberals do not like to see the Police breaking up peaceful protests or arresting people who are clearly voicing their political opinions. It becomes a slippery slope, if gun rights protesters get arrested today, it may be pro-abortion groups tomorrow, and animal rights lovers the next day.

Either way, it takes a lot of conviction to knowingly violate an unjust law. If they go through with it I wish them the best.
    While they may be clearly voicing their political opinions there, they are also clearly breaking D.C. gun laws. Open carry is prohibited. Possession of unregistered firearms for residents and non-residents is prohibited.

Gun grabbing liberals would relish in the mass arrest of these armed protestors. They only get upset when one of their own protesting an issue they agree with is arrested without cause. It seems the majority of liberals believe in free speech only for those they agree with. Which means...they don't believe in free speech at all!
    Not to be confused with PAFOA member John Doe from Montgomery County, PA

this is the stupidist idea in a long line of stupid ideas.

(Mercer County)

Is it time yet? I ran outside this morning in my underoos waving my rifle and screaming "I've had enough!" Nobody else was there, except my neighbor. He looked duly impressed.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Beaver County)

They could make the same point without the rifles or by carrying symbolic wooden weapons. If the volunteers want to go the civil disobedience route, I just hope they are prepared to go the whole way. No, I don't mean dying in a stupid gun battle with LE that will give 2A supporters a black eye that will never fade. I mean submitting to arrest, getting booked, going to trial, and doing all that has to be done to get unjust laws repealed.

FTR, I, too, think this is primarily a publicity grab.
    The first one to use the word "sheeple" automatically loses the argument.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by sprrdhawk44 View Post
    Is it time yet? I ran outside this morning in my underoos waving my rifle and screaming "I've had enough!" Nobody else was there, except my neighbor. He looked duly impressed.
    Dude you have to be nekid cept' for a cockring.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast