Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: 4th of July Armed March on D.C.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Demko View Post
    They could make the same point without the rifles or by carrying symbolic wooden weapons. If the volunteers want to go the civil disobedience route, I just hope they are prepared to go the whole way. No, I don't mean dying in a stupid gun battle with LE that will give 2A supporters a black eye that will never fade. I mean submitting to arrest, getting booked, going to trial, and doing all that has to be done to get unjust laws repealed.

FTR, I, too, think this is primarily a publicity grab.
    The point would be diminished if they were weaponless or carried wooden cutouts. There have been more than a few marches. This would have more impact.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Beaver County)

Let's assume, for the sake of discussion, they get their 1000 volunteers to show up and march with loaded rifles. How do you realistically see the day's events playing out and how will it be to our advantage?
    The first one to use the word "sheeple" automatically loses the argument.

(Allegheny County)

Nothing good could come from this.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Delaware County)

Let's assume, for the sake of discussion, they get their 1000 volunteers to show up and march with loaded rifles. How do you realistically see the day's events playing out and how will it be to our advantage?

I think there are a few ways it would play out mostly bad for those involved at least at first. It may lead to good things if their conviction is strong enough. There must also be a lot of money being held for lawyer fees. If done correctly it can have far reaching benifits for all honest gun owners.

Just talking has not seemed to work, maybe something more drastic is needed.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by mpan72 View Post
    I think there are a few ways it would play out mostly bad for those involved at least at first. It may lead to good things if their conviction is strong enough. There must also be a lot of money being held for lawyer fees. If done correctly it can have far reaching benifits for all honest gun owners.

Just talking has not seemed to work, maybe something more drastic is needed.

Good point about the money. Is there a huge pot of it being held in readiness for legal fees?

There's drastic and then there's drastic. Right now this is a war of ideas where the goal is to sway voters and thereby influence policy. It would be trivially easy for the opposition to spin this as gun-nuts trying to change policy through intimidation. I can practically guarantee you that there will be lots of comparisons to the Brown Shirts marching in Weimar Germany.
    The first one to use the word "sheeple" automatically loses the argument.

(Delaware County)

Good point about the money. Is there a huge pot of it being held in readiness for legal fees?

There's drastic and then there's drastic. Right now this is a war of ideas where the goal is to sway voters and thereby influence policy. It would be trivially easy for the opposition to spin this as gun-nuts trying to change policy through intimidation. I can practically guarantee you that there will be lots of comparisons to the Brown Shirts marching in Weimar Germany.
    There will be comparisons to a lot of historic incidents. It all depends on how it pans out. Would this be the absolute best thing for someone to set up? I do not think so but I don't see anyone else coming up with a better plan.

As I pointed out before what we have been doing is not getting us back to where we were. Very recently it has stopped the bleeding but that is because the current gun grabbers showed there hand too quickly and scarred even some of their own. What we had was a deceiving small victory. We are still under attack in ways that many of us can not even see. So I will stand by my statements that maybe it is time for something drastic.

(Berks County)

Well if anyone is going to do this take a junk rifle because after all the legal fees involved with the arrest, possible jail time, etc...YOU WILL NEVER see your rifle again.

I personally look at this tactic as awesome. Civil disobedience isn't supposed to be meek or mild. Sometimes, it just needs done.

However, I think our President is completely dilusional when he compares himself to any President except 1, Woodrow Wilson. They parallel each other perfectly. Send troops all round the world with no clear reason. Allow thousands of US Citizens to die at the hands of hostile countries with no action taken, signed into the law the Sedition Act is the same to me as new and improved Anti Terror bullshit like NADA and killing americans without trial and detention etc...Horrible leftist asshole vs horrible leftist asshole...one in the same in my opinion.

The next comparison is F.D. Roosevelt and Dipshit. Ocare and Social Security and a host of other worthless, useless social bullshit programs. Yup, been how many years and now everyone is all for these social programs....I call them bullshit.

I do want to caution though: President Hoover and General Mcarthor used force to displace protesting WW I Veterans and several were killed, by our own government. Go figure. So, you think ole South Chicago hood rat will not use deadly force, think again. We are domestic terrorists in his mind!

CL
    Last edited by customloaded; May 6th, 2013 at 09:25 PM.

(Armstrong County)

I got this from a friend that has some inside information.

"The guy leading the open carry march on DC is Adam Kokesh. He is an absolute dirt bag. He was a Marine who received a less than honorable discharge protesting/ refusing a deployment to Iraq. He was very active in the Anti-Bush protesters whom the Gathering of Eagles stood toe to toe against during the big anti-war rallies in DC.

Please steer clear of this and warn everyone off of this one. ... I cannot reach any conclusion other than he is actively trying to precipitate a civil war. Open and active carry into DC will trigger a federal armed response to block it from crossing the bridge. He is no "Libertarian" and he is not on our side. He is going to incite a violent confrontation in an attempt to discredit the TEA Party, the gun rights movement, and hand Obama a polarizing excuse to target anyone advocating 2nd Amendment Rights.

I will be working this every which way I can. -- We have got to get the word out on this one....it is bad news."

An OC Activist and 1 of the 3%
    Ed Stephan
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

(Delaware County)

The Feds will play this out smart they will have the choke point set and then go to town with the handcuffs. And sure you will have people carrying the blue training rifles man it's going to be hilarious

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast