Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Spirit of Philadelphia cruises (weapons allowed?)

My girlfriend will be in town this week, and I'm wanting to take her on a lunch cruise. Has anybody been on one of these cruises? Are concealed weapons allowed?

Thanks!
    www.PHLster.com - Concealment holsters made in the City of Brotherly Love.

Default Re: Spirit of Philadelphia cruises (weapons allowed?)

Don't know for sure, but I did not see anything against it on their website or passenger terms of agreement.

http://www.spiritofphiladelphia.com/...ons#coastguard

From the terms of agreement, they mention following municipal, state and city laws but do not specifically state anything about firearms although they do specifically refer to controlled substances.

6) Compliance with Laws and Regulations: You agree to observe and obey all the Laws and Regulations (as such term is defined in the next sentence), inform all Passengers of the Laws and Regulations, and obtain the consent of all Passengers to observe and obey the Laws and Regulations. “Laws and Regulations” means all requirements of all laws, orders, ordinances and regulations of the federal, state, county, and municipal authorities, the terms of the Passenger Contract, and the orders of Spirit, the Ship and the crew master of the Ship.
    7) Food and Beverages: No food or beverage may be brought onto the Ship without the prior authorization of Spirit, which may be granted in its sole discretion. No food or beverage may be removed from the Ship.
    8) Alcoholic Beverages: Spirit reserves the right to restrict the service of alcohol to any Passengers.
    9) Illegal and Controlled Substances: The use of illegal or controlled substances onboard the Ship is prohibited. Spirit reserves the right to discontinue the cruise and return the Ship to the pier if illegal or controlled substances are being consumed. No refunds or exchanges will be given.

(Delaware County)

Don't know the laws of the river but keep in mind if you do carry, the ship coast up and down the river which we share with New Jersey.

(Philadelphia County)

I had the same question a while back about another boat. In the end I decided not to carry because there is no way to ensure that you do not cross the state line into New Jersey waters. If I had to give advice, I would either not carry, or take her somewhere else. The restaurant called Water Works is on the Schuylkill River with amazing water views. http://www.thewaterworksrestaurant.com/ It is pricey though. The Moshulu, is on the Delaware, but doesn't leave the dock. http://www.moshulu.com/

Hope this helps.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by vetter3006 View Post
    Don't know the laws of the river but keep in mind if you do carry, the ship coast up and down the river which we share with New Jersey.
    That would be my concern also. I don't want to be within spitting distance of Jersey with a gun.

Also so be careful if you are going to take her sightseeing. You are not allowed to carry in Federal buildings with Fed employees (park service). I don't know if you have to go through a metal detector now, or not as it has been a while since I went, but I wouldn't chance it.

(Montgomery County)

I used to work at the spirit of Philadelphia and they do not have any rules restricting you from carrying concealed or otherwise... though, if it's concealed how are they going to know you have it? they don't have metal detectors and the Captain isn't going to pat you down