Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default castle doctrine/stand your ground question

MeWell my gf left her ex because he likes to beat women and children and is crazy. Litterally. I had to defend her from him when he was trying to choke her, the dude even ate a bedframe and frying pan to the head and still came back for more. I went to the parking lot next door hoping he would follow me and we could duke it out without having to worry about the kids seeing. Neighbor called the cops and they pulled up as he exited the house with a blade to cut me. Two years later he still holds a grudge. he still harrasses my girlfriend and even tried to burn down the house but didn't leave evidence. We know it was him cuz neither of us have any other enemies. I know when we run into each other again he will give me trouble. Question is in light of the past if he comes at me raging and unarmed can I use deadly force or do you guys think the da will give me a hard time if I do
    Last edited by doobiemonster; May 5th, 2013 at 03:29 PM.

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: castle doctrine/stand your ground question

Your post could be twisted to be premeditation. Please read the law closely and your question may be answered.
    NRA Life Member. OC is comfy!

(Chester County)

First, and do not take this the wrong way, both of you need to get a protection order. I say don't take this the wrong way because I know they do nothing to protect you, but they will establish a history.

Secondly, coming here and asking "can I put this bitch down for good" looks more like revenge rather than self defense. That is from someone who is a staunch defender of self defense, so imagine what someone who is not would think. If you have to question whether or not it is self defense then it is probably not.

Good luck.
    Shawn
    "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." — Thomas Paine

This post is a DA's wet dream.

Honest advice:
    Get a PFA for both of you it does nothing to protect but it starts the paper trail.

Maybe get some cheap form of surveillance. Game cams are cheap and are surprisingly useful; we use them all the time in camera blind spots in the projects.

Keep the paper trail going. PFA violations will eventually lead to stalking charges not sure what he was charged with with the knife incident you described but he could be charged with Felony Stalking if it was a violent charge.

Quote Originally Posted by doobiemonster View Post
    ...Two years later he still holds a grudge and I do too...
    ...I know when we run into each other again there will be trouble...
    ...can I put this bitch down for good?...
    I'm going to just assume you're trolling, because I can't believe this is an actual question. You just admitted to wanting to harm the guy, explaining that you run into him with the intent for trouble, and then ask if you can kill him and claim self-defense. No, planning on murdering someone over a grudge is not self-defense, even if they're not a nice person.

Secondly, you signed up with the name doobiemonster just to ask this? If your recreational drug use is on your mind enough to be part of your screen name on a web forum, I think that would be considered habitual, and as such should prohibit you from purchasing, and probably carrying, firearms.

I hope you're just some Bloomberg goon or journalist fishing for bad advice from gun owners, but if not my advice would be to kick the drugs, get a restraining order on this guy to cover your ass legally and avoid him at all costs. If you see him, call the police and let them take care of it.

(Westmoreland County)

Ve D FNo matter how much I don't like him I have no intention of hunting him down just to put myself in that situation. If I don't like someone I stay away from them. I'm strictly speaking in the sense of his past aggression against us and the fact that in the past he almost broke my ankle with his bare hands. I personally would fear for my safety and life whether he was armed or not. I'm not the type to throw the first punch or antagonize. My opening post was worded the way it was cuz at the time I was angry, he was harrassing my gf and threatening to come here. On a side note how I handle the pain from my nerve damage is no ones biz. There was a restraing order but it ran out . My gf said she called the police after and said he'd need to attack one of us to refilr
    Last edited by doobiemonster; May 5th, 2013 at 03:25 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Get a PFA.

Follow the law as it regards to deadly force. If you have questions about this law pay for a meeting with a lawyer.
    Last edited by QuackXP; May 6th, 2013 at 10:12 AM.
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion

(Delaware County)

Ve D FNo matter how much I don't like him I have no intention of hunting him down just to put myself in that situation. If I don't like someone I stay away from them. I'm strictly speaking in the sense of his past aggression against us and the fact that in the past he almost broke my ankle with his bare hands. I personally would fear for my safety and life whether he was armed or not. I'm not the type to throw the first punch or antagonize. My opening post was worded the way it was cuz at the time I was angry, he was harrassing my gf and threatening to come here. On a side note how I handle the pain from my nerve damage is no ones biz. There was a restraing order but it ran out . My gf said she called the police after and said he'd need to attack one of us to refilr
    Regardless of my opinions on smoking pot I will point out that it does not help you situation if you do have to shoot the guy. You are not anonymous on the internet and most people know what a doobie is.

Another thing I will point out is that right or wrong you will get more people to answer your posts if you use decent grammar and spelling, it doesn't have to be perfect just good. I only make that statement as a good deed. I have poor spealling skills and my grammar needs bettering.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Chester County)

The way I handle such situations is that if I am attacked I defend myself to the point of stopping the attack.Talk to legal counsel, it's sounds like your going to need some in the near future anyway.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Columbia County)

Regarding the last sentence, police do not have any say whether a Protection from abuse order can be filed. One has the right to petition the county court and the judge decides if its approved or not.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast