Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Erie County)

Default Gun Range @ Sampson Rd

Looks like it'll be a great weekend to head outdoors and break in my new XDm's
    "May Justice find the wicked and the wings of Liberty never lose a feather."

Default Re: Gun Range @ Sampson Rd

Have a great time and be safe. Be sure to follow the rules down there and have the appropriate range usage permit or current hunting license.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post
    Have a great time and be safe. Be sure to follow the rules down there and have the appropriate range usage permit or current hunting license.
    decided to head out to do some fishing today at the gravel pit, no luck this morning but it was a beautiful out..gonna head out again this afternoon

yeah, the $30/yr permit...thinking its time to find a gun club in the area

I have been doing OK at the gravel pit with Little Phoebe spoons in either gold or bronze color. Not my favorite place to fish, but they stock the hell out of it.
    Jules

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post
    I have been doing OK at the gravel pit with Little Phoebe spoons in either gold or bronze color. Not my favorite place to fish, but they stock the hell out of it.
    Jules
    I know...it gets heavily fished...but, I pretty much had the place to myself...was a good time to unwind before the dreaded work week appears...lol

Been awhile since I was at Sampson Rd range, and it was nice back then. I since moved and the nearest state range is an hour away and not as great, except for the 300 yd range. I am not sure on the costs up in Erie, but down here, the range I am trying to join is about the same annual fee, but with a first year adder of 20 bucks. One benefit is that I can take family with me on one membership.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Stogie View Post
    Been awhile since I was at Sampson Rd range, and it was nice back then. I since moved and the nearest state range is an hour away and not as great, except for the 300 yd range. I am not sure on the costs up in Erie, but down here, the range I am trying to join is about the same annual fee, but with a first year adder of 20 bucks. One benefit is that I can take family with me on one membership.
    well, it was always free to shoot at the state run ranges..dont ask me why or how they went to a fee...just another form of gun control I guess...I always liked being able to just grab all the gear and take my nephews there to learn a few things about shooting..always makes for a great weekend past time.

As I understand it, the extra fee is to pay for lead remediation. If you have a current hunting license, that will work in place of the shooting permit. Also, if you are there with a valid permit/license and kids with you are under 12, they do not need a permit.

Quote Originally Posted by Stogie View Post
    As I understand it, the extra fee is to pay for lead remediation. If you have a current hunting license, that will work in place of the shooting permit. Also, if you are there with a valid permit/license and kids with you are under 12, they do not need a permit.
    You are correct on all counts.
    Jules

(Erie County)

I was up there not too long ago and was stopped by a WCO and he made sure to brief me on the rules and regs. One thing he mentioned that I did not remember seeing in the posted ones was that I could have a guest shooting with me. He did not mention any age restriction when I talked to him, but I made sure to take note of it because he offered up that info without solicitation. Has anyone else tried this? Or been stopped for it?

FWIW, his last name was Douglas. I made sure to remember it in case I ever got jammed up bringing my friend with me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast