Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Susquehanna County)

Default HIPAA Privacy Rule and the National Instant Criminal Background Check System

I know there's another thread dealing with this. But I want to ask for the help of all our members.

Please do not let this slide! Go to www.regulations.gov and search for the document name shown in the thread title. Once you are at the main document read it carefully, if you want, take the time to read other comments and after you have done so click the big blue comment now button, enter the needed information and add your own comments!

To date they only show 176 comments. AFAIC there should be 20,000 comment from the membership here alone!

Please make your comments civil and cogent.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Bucks County)

Default Re: HIPAA Privacy Rule and the National Instant Criminal Background Check System

maybe a comment like this....

The possible direction this proposed rule may go in would effectivly stipr some people of their constitutional rights without due process of law.

I believe those who have had due process of law and have been formally adjudicated as mentally ill by a competent state or federal court and judged to be a person who should not possess a firearm should be recorded in the NICS database. This entry should be made by the federal or state court making the decision and not by any other entity.

Those who have been involuntary committed must be given due process by a competent state or federal court and judged to be a person who should not possess a firearm before any such record is sent to the NICS database.

All other records should not be forced out by mental health professionals because this clearly violates privacy.

Simply put, each citizen is entitles to due process according to the bill of rights and must not have those rights stripped away by anyone other than the appropriate court of law.

Thank you.

(Susquehanna County)

Default Re: HIPAA Privacy Rule and the National Instant Criminal Background Check System

VRH ^^^^

Very good letter! Rep sent! Your effort is appreciated!

(Susquehanna County)

The comment period on this is still open until June 7. If you ave not commented yet please do.

This cite will get you to the summary page for the docket. Please note under comments it lists only 629!

http://www.regulations.gov/#!docketDetai...-2013-0002

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
    My comment tracking number 1jx-85k4-yk3l.

(Northampton County)

I believe that responses to comments are usually binding for regulations. So if they answer, "We won't do that, that's not what it means" and then they try to "do that" later (shock) then you can usually absolve yourself through the comment response. So in addition to telling them to go bite me, also express concern about issues of abuse or unintended consequences. See if they will paint themselves into a corner for us.

Not sure if I commented on this in the past, but commented now just in case.

(Berks County)

Done, commented.
    Fraggle09027 is not a lawyer. Any advice is just advice (my own 2 cents) and is not expressed or implied as legal advice.

(Susquehanna County)

The comment period on this proposal ends today, Jun 7 2013, at 11:59 PM ET

When I just looked there were 1995 comments listed!

If you haven't already done so, please go to:
    http://www.regulations.gov/#!documen...2013-0002-0001

Hit the big blue comment button and add your comment.