Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Any experiences with Anthony Arms?

Just wondering if anyone has shot at Anthony Arms in West Mifflin and what their experience was.

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: Any experiences with Anthony Arms?

I shot there a few times when I was a student at Duquesne. Granted that was a few years ago (6 or 7 years).

I don't remember what the prices were but I was a student and didn't own my own firearm so I had to rent and it wasn't to bad ... it was the getting a ride down to the mall that was my issue LOL (Sucked not having my own car)

Everyone that I came in contact with were friendly, knowlegeable. If I remember correctly they had a nice collection of stuff in the store.

Hope that helps some

Kumarian

Was a mamber last year, went 2x pretty expensive for 2 X so i decided I would pay as i go from now on...

Last time I went, there where 4 young people there shooting a 50 cal, they knocked a rail down, had the gun pointing every where, I ended up getting out of there so fast, i dint unload my gun before I left the line. When i said what was happening to the man behind the counter, he said Yeah they are having fun...

First time I went, and the time i took on my membership, was very nice, the turning targets and not having to freeze outside was nice, but all in all, I found it kind of far for myself, was much more happy with GPGC when that was opened.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Allegheny County)

I haven't practiced there very often because of expense, but I thought it was a nice range. One thing I did enjoy which I did last fall/winter/spring was shoot in their league on Thursday evenings. The fellow running the league Otto and his wife are very nice people and run it very safely.

After a few sessions of getting to know you as a shooter Otto will let you draw from the holster.

What area do you live cause there may be cheaper alternative if you want an indoor range to practice at?

(Allegheny County)

I live in Dormont.

(Allegheny County)

only shot there once...never bought any guns there.

they have a nice indoor range. it is expensive, though.

they make you buy ammo there. at the time (about a year ago), they were charging $8 or $9 for a box of 50 9mm (i forget what brand...was something i had never heard of at the time). kinda steep compared to $11 for 100 9mm WWB at walmart at the same time.

also, you can't draw and shoot or anything like that.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Favabean View Post
    I live in Dormont.
    Be a bit more of a trip but be less expensive to shoot would be Pitcairn Monroeville Sportsmen's Club. They are offering memberships for I believe $100 then $60 a year thereafter - you don't need a sponsor. They have a nice indoor range which is $3.00 for a member. I was surprised how many former GPGC members have recently joined.

If you want practice from the holster they have IPSC practice 7-9PM Thursday or you can use the outdoor range in daylight. I'm a member and go up there for practice.

They have public hours you can check out and shoot at the range. Info here: http://www.pmsconline.com/facilities...ol/pistol0.htm

(Allegheny County)

I appreciate the suggestion -- but I have a bit of a problem with the membership requirements for Pitcairn-Monroeville....

http://www.pafoa.org/forum/allegheny...xplain-me.html

(Westmoreland County)

Check out Mckeesport Sportsmens Assn. On Rte 48 about a half mile from Rte 30. $50 initiation plus the annual dues of $35. Outdoor pistol range out to 50yds. Rifle range out to 200yds. Skeet, but only a limited trap range. My favorite part is there is an indoor pistol range, lead only, 50'. Members meetings ar the second monday of every month at 8 PM. We'd love to have you.