Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Clubs and ranges in NW PA

Just looking for best area for gun ranges and fish and game clubs out in NW PA

Looking to move out to NW PA real soon looking from Albion over toward Corry and down to Tidiuote.

Any comments or thoughts would be appreciated as it will impact area i move to.

(Blair County)

Default Re: Clubs and ranges in NW PA

Around here, we don't really go to ranges...we shoot in the back yard (as long as it can be done safely). There are a few ranges here and there as well. The one closest to me charges $10/year for a membership.

(Erie County)

corry area
    sparta sportsmans club
    500 yrd range , archery range, catch and release pond
    membership not required by it is $10 per year maybe $15 i think they raised it this year students reduced rate
    very well kept
    Corry Rod and gun club (Columbus)
    indoor pistol range
    200 yrd range
    sponsors high school trap shooting team
    $15 pre person per year membership required (not checked very often)
    fishing
    lakes , ponds, streams, creek, just have to have the proper licence for type of fishing
    hinting lots of game lands also if not posted you may hunt but it is best to ask first
    closer to erie walnutcreek gun club , gem city gun glub, and a game land shooting range
    not sure or anyting south of my area but if you have the land you should be able to shoot on you property . i have done that at my brother in laws in titusville.

(McKean County)

Like many rural states, PA has "townships" which are the areas between the towns and cities. Many of these townships are very rural and have large spaces between residences, and few rules or ordinances. Thus you can for example allow horses and llamas roam your land where in a town with a book full of ordinances like mine horses and llamas are not allowed.

In fact there is an ordinance in my town prohibiting the discharge of firearms - including BB guns. But if I walk to the end of my tiny back yard I am in the township and with enough distance from the houses nearby I could shoot targets.

Also there are lots of areas around here that are just woods, and like techAIG says we just go out to the woods and shoot.

But there are organized ranges around here, I belong to one about a mile from my house with an outdoor rifle / pistol range, skeet, bow and arrow areas, costs $15 per year. Google "Fish and Game clubs" and "Sportsmen clubs" you should see a a good list of results.
    Marty near God's Country. Making good people defenseless doesn’t make bad people harmless.

(Erie County)

There are a lot of gun clubs around here. Trap & skeet, rifle, pistol, archery leagues, you name it. Just about anywhere you move around the NW area there will be a club within a few miles. Mine is 3 miles up the road.