Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Erie County)

Default Re: Considering a surplus rifle

Quote Originally Posted by Milsurpshooter60 View Post
    lol , haha.yep once you get bit by the mil surp bug its game over ,then you will have the same problem most the rest of us mil surp lovers do , how do i sneak this one into safe without the wife seeing it lol.which card can i get the bill first on lol. They do tend to multiply buy a good safe now.You will need it.
    There is something immensely satisfying about shooting these old rifles. Living in the times of plastic, hi-cap poodle shooters, they let you appreciate what our grandfathers and the men of their day fought wars with. It can get real expensive, especially if you take an interest in US rifles. Decent 1917s and '03s are getting pricey! I should have started this sickness years ago when things were more affordable.

Hokkmike Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kpw View Post
    I should have started this sickness years ago when things were more affordable.
    Amen!!! Couldn't agree more.

Talking Re: Considering a surplus rifle

have to agree, men were men back then .Can you just imagine carrying a garand around all day and shooting hundreds of rounds through it daily and the weight of the ammo as they plowed through the jungles in pacific and hit the beaches of Normandy,Or the enemy and their hard kicking bolt actions of the time,most of the time no ear protection, recoil all day long from big bruiser rifles, have to really respect the men on all sides during those war,s and just what they were able to accomplish. I hated my m16a2 in army cant imagine carrying a garand all day and the ammo.In the conditions they fought in,God bless those old warriors.And the rifles we all shoulder now in there remembreance.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Milsurpshooter60 View Post
    have to agree, men were men back then .Can you just imagine carrying a garand around all day and shooting hundreds of rounds through it daily and the weight of the ammo as they plowed through the jungles in pacific and hit the beaches of Normandy,Or the enemy and their hard kicking bolt actions of the time,most of the time no ear protection, recoil all day long from big bruiser rifles, have to really respect the men on all sides during those war,s and just what they were able to accomplish. I hated my m16a2 in army cant imagine carrying a garand all day and the ammo.In the conditions they fought in,God bless those old warriors.And the rifles we all shoulder now in there remembreance.
    Couldn't have said it better! My uncle Tony...all 5'7" 135 lbs of him! Wounded 4 times on 3 occasions from July '44 til the end. Pic was in Germany sometime after May '45. He came home in early '46. He loved his Garand but hated Patton until the day he passed. My grandpa and 3 uncles all got shot up but they all made it home.

Thumbs up Re: Considering a surplus rifle

Thanx to men like ya uncle we still are free today, my dad and his brother were in ww2 and my uncle was in korea as well dad was in pattons third army .uncle was a marine.Great respect for those guys every time i go shoot these old battle horses.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234