Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default 1954 Russian SKS price

Might be able to purchase a 1954 Tula Russian SKS in very good-excellent condition, all numbers matching, for $400. In today's market, that seems pretty good. Any other opinions? Thanks

(Bucks County)

Default Re: 1954 Russian SKS price

for a russian i wouldnt buy it and send me the link good price for an all matching russian

in this market, almost too good to be true. if all the numbers match (maybe even if they don't) the proof markings are correct, no obvious or hidden stock cracks and the shot count isn't bad or the bore pitted, jump on it.do your homework and know what to look for and look out for. a lot of fakes are out there. good find if it's for real.

(Berks County)

It's a friend of a friend selling it. It does have an import mark. I believe it's CAI, VT. He bought it right around the time of the Clinton ban. Just wants a fair price.

Looks very clean, but not a museum piece. No rust, a few scratches on the stock. I want it as a shooter anyway. What are some big things to look for?

I just recently, right before the potus re-election decided it was about time I learn something about these guns that used to cost 50-70$ back in the day. I'm still in the novice stage but if it's a ftf sale and they don't mind, a field strip and study with a flashlight would be one of my suggestions. there is a sks forum that can give you other things to look for. congrats and good luck. my first a Yugo was so covered up in cosmoline it was impossible to notice flaws and defects.

(Bucks County)

I have one of those Russian SKS's. Definitely the best quality SKS, the Chinese copys dont even come close. Does it have the folding blade bayonet?

Most of the Century arms rifles were reworked and reblued. Mine has some electropencil marks. If your is truly all matching its a big plus. My rifle had a new serial number applied. I guess the BATF didnt like Russian letters.

They used to go for $100 in the early 90's. $400 today sounds like a decent deal.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    I have one of those Russian SKS's. Definitely the best quality SKS, the Chinese copys dont even come close. Does it have the folding blade bayonet?

Most of the Century arms rifles were reworked and reblued. Mine has some electropencil marks. If your is truly all matching its a big plus. My rifle had a new serial number applied. I guess the BATF didnt like Russian letters.

They used to go for $100 in the early 90's. $400 today sounds like a decent deal.
    Does have the flat folding bayonet. I'll have to look closer when I see him again about any added engraved numbers, but I didn't see any on first look other than just the small CAI, Vermont import markings.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    It's a friend of a friend selling it. It does have an

Looks very clean, but not a museum piece. No rust, a few scratches on the stock. I want it as a shooter anyway. What are some big things to look for?

As a shooter there is hardly a thing to worry about.
    You said matching numbers. I'll assume that also includes the bolt. That year will have a chrome lined barrel. So no worry there. I'll assume it's all original and hasn't been bubba'd. (smile)

Now if you were talking collector grade .. there is a bit longer list to check.

$400 for a VG-Ex Russian SKS ... to use as a shooter ... I'd say look at it and if it speaks to you go for it.
    Not a bad deal at all for today's climate.
    Last edited by Fragger; May 1st, 2013 at 09:58 PM.
    Please feel free to visit a forum that I moderate:
    http://www.sksboards.com/smf/index.php

(Pike County)

Last summer when I was looking to get something chambered in 7.62x39 I researched the Russian SKS and Chinses SKS. Back then I saw Russian SKS rifles going for upwards of $500 for a mint one, low end was around $350. So for $400 right now I would swoop on it. Back then I went with a WASR-10 (AK-47) since it was the same price as a mint Russian SKS.
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

I recently saw some quite well used Chinese SKS's still soaking in cosmoline for $395 at Sarco in Easton. The stocks were banged up a bit. Your Russian SKS sounds like a good deal.
    ...and they have a plan...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast