Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Armed Citizen Response To The Active Shooter - 3 day course

3 Rivers Tactical Training Solutions, Inc. (3T) is holding a 3-day Armed Citizen Response To The Active Shooter class on June 8th, June 29th, and June 30th 2013. Price: $450.00

From Columbine to Virginia Tech, Aurora, Colorado to the L.A. Fitness shooting in Collier Township, to Western Psychiciatric Hospital in Pittsburgh among many others, Active Shooter scenarios have played themselves out numerous times in recent history across the United States. Only those who choose to live in denial still believe that "it will never happen here".

3T is holding a 3 day course designed to give the Armed Citizen the skills and abilities to respond to and stop an Active Shooter should they ever find themselves in just such a scenario. This course will consist of 1 day of classroom instruction and 2 full days of range training. Topics covered will included case studies of Active Shooter incidents, Tactical Pistol range training, Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC) and Close Quarters Battle (CQB) to include one person room entries and clearing, hallway movement, and most importantly, link-up procedures when law enforcement personnel arrive on scene. Force-On-Force training will also be done by use of Air Soft weapons.

PREREQUISITE: There is no prerequisite training required to attend this course, however, all students must have a current and valid concealed carry weapon permit issued by any state. There will be absolutely no exceptions to this requirement.

The schedule is as follows:

Day 1 - Saturday, June 8th, 2013 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
    Location: 3T offices - 400 North Lexington St, Pittsburgh, PA - (Point Breeze)

Topics covered:

1. Historical Study of Active Shooter Incidents in the United States
    2. Combat Mindset and Situational Awareness
    3. Basic Fundamentals of Handgun Marksmanship
    4. Introduction to TCCC - Tactical Combat Casualty Care
    5. Introduction to CQB - Close Quarters Battle
    6. Concealed Carry equipment recommendations

Day 2 - Saturday, June 29th, 2013 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
    Location: Beaver Valley Rifle and Pistol Club - Beaver Falls, PA

Topics Covered:

All of day 2 will be dedicated to range work. This day will be 3T's Concealed Carry Handgun course, to include:

1. Fundamentals of Handgun Marksmanship
    2. Fundamentals of Concealed Carry / Cover Garment Selection
    3. Reloads and Malfunction Clearing - Two handed and One handed
    4. Use of Cover and Concealment
    5. Multiple Threat Engagement
    6. Shooting While Moving
    7. Unorthodox Shooting Positions
    8. Low Light Exercise

Day 3 - Sunday, June 30th, 2013 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Topics Covered:

All of Day 3 will be dedicated to Close Quarters Battle - specifically:

1. Tactical Exterior Movement
    2. Building / Room Entry and Clearing
    3. Hallway Movement
    4. Threat Discrimination
    5. Linear Assaults
    6. Vehicle Deployment
    7. Link-Up procedures with arriving Law Enforcement personnel
    8. Live-fire room entry and clearing exercises

Force-On-Force scenarios utilizing Air Soft weapons will be part of the Day 3 training.

Required Equipment

1. A quality 9mm, .40 S&W, .45 ACP, or .357 Sig pistol, or a .38 or .357 revolver. A minimum of 2 magazines if using a pistol, a minimum of 2 speed loaders if using a revolver. Please bring as many magazines or speed loaders as you can. There is no such thing as having too many magazines or speed loaders.

2. 400 rounds of handgun ammunition.

3. Clear and Tinted eye protection.

4. Ear protection.

5. A weapon mounted light is very, VERY strongly recommended.

6. A quality hand held flashlight. Think SureFire and Streamlight here - NOT a 20 year old maglite that runs on 6 D-cell batteries, or a $3.99 piece of crap you picked up while waiting in the check out line at Wal-Mart. LED lights with a minimum output of 200 lumens are very strongly recommended. *** If you bring a piece of junk hand held light you will significantly decrease the quality of your training experience during the low light shooting exercise. ***

7. Concealed Carry cover garment

8. A quality Outside-The-Waistband (OWB) Kydex holster. Nylon and leather holsters are not permitted for this course. I strongly recommend you check out the following companies if you are need of a quality kydex holster: 1. Comp-Tac, 2. Raven Concealment, 3. Contact! Concealment, 4. Dark Star Gear - a local Pittsburgh area company.

Note: IWB - Inside the Waist Band - holsters are not permitted for this class.

Note: Holsters that have a retention device that must be deactivated with the shooters' trigger finger - such as the BlackHawk Serpa holster - are not permitted in this class.

9. A baseball cap and BDU or 5.11 type pants with side cargo pockets are required for this class.

A full lunch will be provided at the range for both day 2 and day 3. Bottled water will also be provided for days 2 and 3 at the range.

Payments and Deposits

To register for this course, click here - http://www.3riverstraining.com/news/...active-shooter

This course will be limited to 12 students. You can reserve a spot in the course with a deposit of $100.00. You can make your deposit with a credit or debit card, cash, or check. Please email me directly at jbrown@3riverstraining.com or call 412-925-0818 to reserve your spot.

If you reserve your spot with a $100.00 payment, the remaining balance must be paid in full no later than June 1st, 2013.

Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Armed Citizen Response To The Active Shooter - 3 day course

I'm getting a ton of interest and questions about this course. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions you may have.

There is a link in the original post you can use to sign up online and pay in full.

If you want to reserve a slot with a $100.00 deposit, please contact me and I'll get you taken care of.

I'm really looking forward to this class. I feel this type of real world training is sorely lacking in the civilian market.

John

www.3riverstraining.com

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Armed Citizen Response To The Active Shooter - 3 day course

We've got a couple people signed up for this course, and there are a whole bunch of people interested.

You can reserve a spot with a deposit of $100.00.

Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions.

John

www.3riverstraining.com