Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Default Re: still being harassed

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Pete View Post
    Do not give them an excuse to pull the "Disorderly Conduct" rap out on anyone.

Just a suggestion from a retired LEO.

Well when the Police have no legal standing to stop an OC'er, they have no reason to try and site anyone. Of course they can always try the mere encounter route. The stop because I am the Police route. or my favorite, some on is alarmed!
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Venango County)

That is a crazy long drive for me. But, if something gets started, I will do my best to make it. I'll bring the 1911, and the AR.
    I'm so fast, I can bump fire a bolt action.

(Monroe County)

Your mantra should be:
    I am not doing anything illegal, am I free to go?

Maybe throw in a:

I do not consent to a search of my person or seizure of my property.

I applaud your desires to support gun owners rights but respectfully think you are gonna hurt the cause more than help it. face it some people either just don't like or are afraid of guns. ignoring their feelings and being insensitive to them makes you come off as uncaring dangerous armed nut jobs and that is exactly why you shouldn't be allowed to own guns in the first place. (their views not mine). a legal gathering/demonstration with signs and petitions instead of guns would work better imo. I think your civil demonstration will push more of the fence sitters to the other side instead of ours, especially now after sandyhook and the Boston marathon attacks.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by nachogrande View Post
    I applaud your desires to support gun owners rights but respectfully think you are gonna hurt the cause more than help it. face it some people either just don't like or are afraid of guns. ignoring their feelings and being insensitive to them makes you come off as uncaring dangerous armed nut jobs and that is exactly why you shouldn't be allowed to own guns in the first place. (their views not mine). a legal gathering/demonstration with signs and petitions instead of guns would work better imo. I think your civil demonstration will push more of the fence sitters to the other side instead of ours, especially now after sandyhook and the Boston marathon attacks.
    If our right to bear arms offends or scares them, too bad. There is no right defined in the BoR to feel warm and fuzzy all the time.

"too bad" about their feelings. my point exactly, thank you.

As has been suggested. Get a voice recorder. Get the assholes on tape. Post a copy on you tube. Send a copy to the police chief, and the news paper.

At this point there is no excuse for leo's to be ignorant of their training requirements, or ignore them.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Armstrong County)

a legal gathering/demonstration with signs and petitions instead of guns would work better imo. I think your civil demonstration will push more of the fence sitters to the other side instead of ours, especially now after sandyhook and the Boston marathon attacks.
    Your humble opinion has NOT worked for the last 30yrs and won't work now!!!
    All "politically correct" gets you is further erosions of your "Rights". If someone is afraid of firearms nothing short of a mugging or robbery is going to change their views.
    Open Carry dinners, rally's, and picnics have very successful in reinforcing to the local police we know our "Rights" and if their harassment doesn't stop there will be repercussions.
    We have been able to do this all across the state.

An OC Activist and 1 of the 3%
    Ed Stephan
    Last edited by edstephan; April 30th, 2013 at 09:31 AM.
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

Angry Re: still being harassed

The PROBLEM is trying to pass federal legislation because of feelings/emotions. Not logical thinking! Playing into that thought process in just plain wrong! The media is spinning that gun owners are extreme, right wing, dangerous. Those assertions are 100% wrong.
    Isolating firearms from non gun people is wrong. When people see that the guy they work with carries or the nice guy down the street carries or the single Mom carries the fear of the unknown goes away! Now is not the time to be timid.
    The Boston marathon?? Terrorist = Lawful gun owners?? Weird thinking!

(Dauphin County)

The next town meeting is in may , its the second Thursday of the month, I am planning to attend along with some others and present what has taken place so far to the council and mayor, I am also setting up a meeting with jack lotwick the dauphin county sheriff because it was one of his deputy who mentioned having my ltcf pulled. ''If enough people call and complain about you carrying openly it can be revoked'' okayr that just means I have to always open carry which works just fine with me, so you are kind of defeating yourself with these senseless threats. And its my understanding that he has already had problems with situations like this. Thank you for all your suggestions and support and I am carrying my camera every where I go now just in case I have another run in. And as soon as I work out some details and figure out a date for the OC event I will let you all know.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast