Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Reps challenge DHS ammo buys, say agency using 1,000 more rounds per person

I found this today on Fox News:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...r-person-than/

Republican Rep. Jason Chaffetz said Thursday that the Department of Homeland Security is using roughly 1,000 rounds of ammunition more per person than the U.S. Army, as he and other lawmakers sharply questioned DHS officials on their "massive" bullet buys.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Reps challenge DHS ammo buys, say agency using 1,000 more rounds per person

"Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., who chairs the full Oversight and Government Reform Committee, said he suspects rounds are being stockpiled, and then either "disposed of," passed to non-federal agencies, or shot "indiscriminately."

Stockpiled or hoarded?!? Just kidding. I don't want to start that again.

Wouldn't it be not so amazing to find out that members of DHS are taking rounds home or selling them on GB or other forums.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Reps challenge DHS ammo buys, say agency using 1,000 more rounds per person

If our rep's actually cared, they'd be cutting off funding to DHS until they actually answer why they need all those rounds and 5000 armored vehicles.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Lawrence County)

1000 rounds per agent didn't sound like a lot, my wife and I have went through that on a weekend when you could actually buy ammo. When you read the article and see that they are using 3-4 times what a typical soldier uses that really puts it into perspective.

One thing I didn't see questioned was why they are buying all hollow points. It would seem to make more sense to me to buy fmj for practicing since it's so much cheaper.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by jerkin View Post
    1000 rounds per agent didn't sound like a lot, my wife and I have went through that on a weekend when you could actually buy ammo. When you read the article and see that they are using 3-4 times what a typical soldier uses that really puts it into perspective.

One thing I didn't see questioned was why they are buying all hollow points. It would seem to make more sense to me to buy fmj for practicing since it's so much cheaper.
    Practice with what you carry. When somebody else is paying for it, it makes sense.

Its simple Obama and his people are scarred and in a big way that the citizens have had it with there shit!

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    If our rep's actually cared, they'd be cutting off funding to DHS until they actually answer why they need all those rounds and 5000 armored vehicles.
    This is exactly right. You don't want to answer for my money that you spend? Fine, I'll spend this money elsewhere till you can. Have a nice day. I could say the same with every single other program. Like obamaphone. That shit hole needs flushing more than any other.

Quote Originally Posted by jerkin View Post

You figure those guys are qualifying once a year maybe. They can get creative, and qualify the day before the fiscal year ends, then the day the fiscal year begins, then in theory they would only be qualifying every two years. Qualifying for DHS I can't imagine is that difficult, it's not like qualifying for the Army marksmanship expert badge or anything. Probably 5 out of 10 rounds on paper is enough. If you blow the instructor you probably don't even have to show up for qualifying. If you have enough time in service, so that you're unfirable, you likely don't ever have to qualify. If you are a *protected class* (you know what that means), you can just tell the boss to F himself, and then refuse to come to work for a month because of your *disability*, and evade qualifying altogether. So that calculation of rounds per employee is likely way understated. I bet fewer than half the employees ever actually qualify, plus again, they can rig it to only do it every other year, that makes the number actually 4 times what is stated in the article. Any dick with at least one hand and at least three fingers can put 5 of 10 rounds on paper, even after not practicing for 23 calendar months. It doesn't take much.

I'm not into tin foil hat crap, but this one stinks. How about the easiest way to gun control is to get a government agency that no one can question (what kind of monster would question DHS, the agency that protects our CHILDREN from the turrsts?) to buy up every bullet for sale, put in contracts for 100 times more, so there's no primers or bullets or cases available? Isn't this much easier than trying to construct and pass a gun control law? How about getting your friends to have their publicly traded company stop their credit facility for gun stores? Next will be raising taxes on gun manufacturers, wait for it. If they can't have gun control the *easy* way, they'll do it whatever way it takes. I fear the summer of '16. It will be bloddy.

(Monroe County)

Somebody told me today that Janet Napolitano admitted on TV that DHS tried to dry up the ammo supply. Has anybody heard or seen of this? I can find nothing on the internet to confirm this. I don't know if the guy who told me this was cracked up or not...???

(Lancaster County)

This just proves that we have more to fear from the military than Homeland security. Obviously they are a much worse shot and need after school practice and training.....

(Beaver County)

I still think this has less to do with ammunition than it does with money. Somebody, somewhere, is going to get paid. The impact on the metals market is just one possibility. Do they actually want or plan on having this mountain of ammo? I doubt it.
    The first one to use the word "sheeple" automatically loses the argument.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast