Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Monroe County)

Default fiance's first pistol!

well to make a long story short me and my girlfriend of going on 7 years just got engaged 2 months ago and last week she surprised me by telling me she wanted to get her ltcf and her own pistol, for the past 6 years she has fished and hunted with me both archery and rifle (and has shot some nice deer even with her hoyt) she loves to go shooting and enjoys shooting my 3 pistols a ruger mk II, ruger lcp, and a full size 1911 but never showed much interest for carrying so i was happily surprised because i have always wanted her to carry but never pressed the issue since it is her decision

i have to admit letting her pick out her own pistol was one of the toughest things i went through in gun stores i had a list in my head as to what i wanted her to get but i promised myself i would let her choose what ever she wanted and was comfortable with so i just stood off to the side as the salesman would show her guns. after a few days and probably 5 gun shops later she had found a few she liked but wasnt in love with any the two she kept going back to were the ruger sr9 and a taurus millennium in 9mm

then it all changed when we stopped at gander mountain to look at fishing supplies they had a few pistols in but not too many mostly .22 pistols but she picked up a sig sauer p250 sub compact in 9mm and she fell in love with it, the slide was super easy for her to rack (which was the biggest problem with most pistols she looked at) the size and weight felt right to her so i got it for her as a graduation gift (we both graduate college in 2 weeks) i know i could have found the gun elsewhere for less but to be honest i hadnt even seen one in any of the shops we went to

since we got it she has put two boxes of shells through it with no issues she is shooting it really well and we plan on hitting the range again this weekend, we already sent away for her lctf and i just ordered her two holsters today, beckys pink leather holsters one inside and one outside the waist band (shes not a girly girl but she was pretty insistent on having a pink holster probably to keep me from borrowing it) to be honest i couldnt be any happier with her she picked a nice little gun that fit her well and has already learned to strip it down and clean it and handles it very well [IMG][/IMG]
    here she is with her first buck [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG]
    [/IMG][/IMG][/URL][/IMG] and here she is with her two favorite hunting stars

sorry to make this so long but i am really thrilled and wanted to share hopefully ill remember the camera this weekend and get some shots from the range
    Last edited by mikey30067; April 25th, 2013 at 02:52 PM.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: fiance's first pistol!

Looks like you did good! Any girl that lets her husband/boyfriend "play" with guns and likes them herself is a keeper in my book. Keep shooting.

(Indiana County)

Good thing you guys didn't take a page from your length of time dating when it came to picking out a gun, you'd be in a retirement home before you'd have made up your minds.

Seriously, WTG.

Hokkmike Guest

She's a cutie. The gun is great. Happiness to you both.

(Blair County)

In the same boat, mine got here CC last year and still cant pick out a pistol. She wanted a 2" 38spc...but couldn't decide on one. Now after questioning her she says she mostly wants it to take camping and not for daily carry so Im trying to talk her into something a little bigger...sp101 maybe or a 4 inch 686 type gun.
    She has no issues firing my scadium 44 mag, or my glock 29 with full power loads.

She hunts and she's cute and you waited 7 years to pop the question? Sakes alive...
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Berks County)

Those are some good lookin bucks! My fiancé is in the same boat. She is looking for her first handgun, and so far, she's all over the charts. Started out looking at a Ruger sr-22 then graduated to the browning 1911-22, then my full sized Chiappa 1911-22 and now she hogs my RIA 1911 in 9mm. (Seems to like 1911s, no wonder why I am marrying her). However, she's had her eye on some sigs, mostly a bobbed 4" 1911 and a 238. We haven't looked at the 250 yet, but after hearing this, I think we should probably check it out!

Best of luck to you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by 300WM View Post
    She hunts and she's cute and you waited 7 years to pop the question? Sakes alive...
    Yeah, same question here. What's up with that?
    Gloria: "65 percent of the people murdered in the last 10 years were killed by hand guns"
    Archie Bunker: "would it make you feel better, little girl, if they was pushed outta windows?"

http://www.moviewavs.com/TV_Shows/Al...he_Family.html

(Berks County)

You did well my man!
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member