Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default venue for cowboy collection

Maybe someone here can offer some advice..
    When me father passed away in June I inherited his collection. There are a few things that I am very familiar with, a Walther ppks, old FN .25 hammerless, .45 Ruger, and those I will keep for the time being. My father was also active in cowboy action shooting, and had 7 pistols that are cartridge converted cap and ball Pietta or Uberti single action revolvers. They are pretty to look at, but not anything I am interested in keeping. There is very little interest on the easy coast, and most 'cowboy action shooting' sites are closed to members, or at least the classifieds are. I would love to see them go to a good home, can anyone recommend a site or auction that gets good exposure? Thanks, SD

(Monroe County)

Default Re: venue for cowboy collection

Gunbroker gets a lot of traffic. You could also try selling in the classifieds right here.
    Everyone should have an AK-47

(Bucks County)

I wouldn't mind hearing what model Uberti single actions there are and perhaps making an offer haha. But otherwise, I agree with what Snakeman said, Gunbroker or the classifieds here should you get you in touch with people who will take care of them.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by shepherd View Post
    There is very little interest on the easy coast, and most 'cowboy action shooting' sites are closed to members, or at least the classifieds are. I would love to see them go to a good home, can anyone recommend a site or auction that gets good exposure? Thanks, SD
    There are three cowboy action clubs between Allentown and Hamburg. There are more in the western part of PA. Across the river in NJ are several more clubs. It's a myth that CAS is only popular in the west.

Why don't you post them for sale on this site's classifieds? I know that there are more than a few cowboys here, myself included.

You'll get the most money for the guns on sass wire, but that requires you to register. IIRC, you do not have to be an active member of sass to register for sass wire. Selling might be a hassle if you end up with a non-local buyer.

Gunbroker has a cowboy action shooting category, and you'll get good exposure there. Selling might be a hassle if you end up with a non-local buyer. You'll also have to pay gunbroker's selling fees.

Good luck,

Craig

Thank you for the responses. I did post an ad here, and had some people from the PA cas groups contact me. I am hopeful it goes as a collection to an enthusiast. SD