Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: old M11/9 ?s

Default old M11/9 ?s

So i just scooped up an older S.W.D M11/Nine, Sn. 83-00000xx with 2 original steel mags and Cobray operating and maintenance manual No.1, which im assuming is also original. It has the taller cup with the notch cut in it as opposed to the the puck for charging handle and aside from the magwell externaly appears the same as later 80s mac's i have owned. The zytel mags i have for my other cobray are not interchangeable with the steel mags, i was under the impression that they would be? I i was also wondering what year SWD started putting these out or any other info for that matter would be much appreciated, i did some general searching and couldnt turn too much up.

Default Re: old M11/9 ?s

Did you get to shoot it yet? Do you know if it fires from the closed or open bolt? Some older models did fire from the open bolt and were still semi. Also I may have some plastic mags for your older model. My Master piece arms uses sten mags. I picked up some plastic ones thinking they would fit in my MPA. Do you know how to bump fire? If not check out you tube!
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

Default Re: old M11/9 ?s

Its semi auto closed bolt. From my understanding S.W.D started putting out the M-11/Nine in 1983, adapting the M10 design to satisfy the new at the time closed bolt/Mg legislation. The mags my mac runs are almost identical to M10/9 mags. There is also a plate welded across the front/ inside portion of the reciever going forward of the safety selector and stopping around where the s/n ends (my other S.W.D lacks this), im guessing thats the reinforcing piece that was eventually eliminated after the switch to the semi auto/ civilian market?

My best guess at this point is early manufacturing run before the zytel switch and before all final revisions to the more common design were made, s/n would lead me to believe it was one of the first hundred manufactured in 83.

Thanks but no thanks on the plastic mags, im currently in the process of making project mac accept unmodified uzi mags, so hopefully zytel junk will be out of my life for good. Bumpfiring is always fun, hardly get the time to exercise that skill being in an area where woods have been replaced with mc mansions :/
    Last edited by DRK!; April 23rd, 2013 at 10:12 PM.