Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default ATTY GEN KANE-LETTER TO EDITOR

In Sundays Morning-Call.

http://www.mcall.com/opinion/yourview/mc-background-checks-toomey-kane-yv-04-21-20130422,0,1287271.story

Kathleen G. Kane: Sen. Toomey should continue push for expanded background checks

10:20 a.m. EDT, April 22, 2013

The right to own firearms has been the subject of great debate in recent weeks. As attorney general, I swore an oath to defend the Constitution. What I did not swear to do, however, was sit silently in my office while classrooms of children are senselessly murdered. I never swore to defend a "right" that permits dangerous criminals or the mentally unstable to obtain a 100-round magazine that can be used to open fire on dozens of innocent moviegoers. The Constitution that I swore to defend is one that protects our families and allows children to feel safe at school, in the movies and in their neighborhoods.
    Sen. Pat Toomey must have read and swore the same oath to the same Constitution that I did. He swore an oath to put his constituents' right to live in safer communities before the rights of partisan politics and well-funded, special-interest groups. Sen. Toomey stood up and proclaimed that 30,000 senseless and unnecessary gun fatalities each year are no longer acceptable. Sen. Toomey had the courage to worry more about the lives of the 90 percent of Americans who want to feel safer in their communities than the vocal and unreasonable minority who threaten to block his re-election efforts.
    We cannot keep silently mourning the deaths of loved ones taken from us by senseless gun violence. Sen. Toomey's legislation would have helped to ensure that those who should not own a firearm could not get a firearm. We need more leaders like Sen. Toomey who worry more about our communities than their political future. This battle is not over, and I encourage Sen. Toomey to keep fighting. As the great leader Winston Churchill said: "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
    Kathleen G. Kane is Pennsylvania attorney general.

http://www.mcall.com/opinion/yourvie...,1287271.story

Last edited by John-Pa; April 23rd, 2013 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Added direct link To Source: The Morning Call

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: ATTY GEN KANE-LETTER TO EDITOR

Where is this 30,000 number coming from?

I see them throwing it around lately. I was certain it was actually less. Kane and Toomey can go play pocket pool in a closet together if they are so enamored by their own inability to READ THE CONSTITUTION. I don't remember where it guaranteed your children's right to feel safe at school or at a movie theater. This is the typical method of breaking down an argument. You change the argument by shoving nonsense into it.

Oh I swore an oath to the Constitution as well, and my oath was to protect ALL of the flying purple people eaters in these United States.

(gun people) what the fuck did she just say?

(average uneducated sheeple) That's right, flying purple people eaters are endangered... we should protect them...

They will just keep injecting emotion into a subject that does not contain any. It's a bill of rights. It's not about puppies, bumble bees, and kittens. It's a document that contains the inalienable rights of the people who live in this country. A country they swore to serve by FOLLOWING THIS DOCUMENT. Not their 3rd grade imagination of this document. The REAL ONE.

If you can't read and understand this document you should be immediately found in derelict of your duty and thrown out on your ass.

Proposing legislation that infringes on this document should be considered treason.

What... is so hard to understand?

(Wayne County)

She should be removed from office if the letter is really from her IMMEDIATELY!

(Lancaster County)

He swore an oath to put his constituents' right to live in safer communities before the rights of partisan politics and well-funded, special-interest groups.
    Really? The oath that they both took actually says that?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Gun murders are a third of that at around 10,000/yr.

I'm pretty sure they count suicides, people who legally kill an attacker, and bad guys shot by cops.

What is more disturbing is that Toomey's (misguided) desire to put something useful in the gun control bill (at the expense of his credibility and your rights) is now lining him up as a moderate Republican that Democrats can get behind. Pretty far cry from the Tea Party vote he was elected on.

I wonder if he saw this coming or not.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by vinlander View Post
    I wonder if he saw this coming or not.
    Saw it coming, or was the entire plan ALL along...

(Philadelphia County)

Damn do I really hate this lady. I'm just at a total loss of word here folks. I mean she does all this BS and continues to press the issue. There Evil Black Rifle ban and scary "hi clip" magazine ban failed. Now this bitch uses her position as AG to push Toomey on further.

*Just want to say Toomey brought up "expanded background checks" then he gets this "endorsement" from Krazy Kane. Is there anything else he can do to distant himself from us?

(Schuylkill County)

One battle after another, this war will never be over.

(Susquehanna County)

Please read:

§ 3. Oath of office.
    Senators, Representatives and all judicial, State and county
    officers shall, before entering on the duties of their
    respective offices, take and subscribe the following oath or
    affirmation before a person authorized to administer oaths.
    "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support, obey and defend the Constitution of the United States and the
    Constitution of this Commonwealth and that I will discharge the
    duties of my office with fidelity."
    The oath or affirmation shall be administered to a member of
    the Senate or to a member of the House of Representatives in the
    hall of the House to which he shall have been elected.
    Any person refusing to take the oath or affirmation shall
    forfeit his office.
    (May 17, 1966, 1965 P.L.1928, J.R.10)
    I submit that based on this our Attorney General has sworn a false oath and has committied the crime of PERJURY.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

Quote Originally Posted by John-Pa View Post
    In Sundays Morning-Call.

http://www.mcall.com/opinion/yourview/mc-background-checks-toomey-kane-yv-04-21-20130422,0,1287271.story

Kathleen G. Kane: Sen. Toomey should continue push for expanded background checks
    10:20 a.m. EDT, April 22, 2013
    The right to own firearms has been the subject of great debate in recent weeks. As attorney general, I swore an oath to defend the Constitution. What I did not swear to do, however, was sit silently in my office while classrooms of children are senselessly murdered. I never swore to defend a "right" that permits dangerous criminals or the mentally unstable to obtain a 100-round magazine that can be used to open fire on dozens of innocent moviegoers. The Constitution that I swore to defend is one that protects our families and allows children to feel safe at school, in the movies and in their neighborhoods.
    Sen. Pat Toomey must have read and swore the same oath to the same Constitution that I did. He swore an oath to put his constituents' right to live in safer communities before the rights of partisan politics and well-funded, special-interest groups. Sen. Toomey stood up and proclaimed that 30,000 senseless and unnecessary gun fatalities each year are no longer acceptable. Sen. Toomey had the courage to worry more about the lives of the 90 percent of Americans who want to feel safer in their communities than the vocal and unreasonable minority who threaten to block his re-election efforts.
    We cannot keep silently mourning the deaths of loved ones taken from us by senseless gun violence. Sen. Toomey's legislation would have helped to ensure that those who should not own a firearm could not get a firearm. We need more leaders like Sen. Toomey who worry more about our communities than their political future. This battle is not over, and I encourage Sen. Toomey to keep fighting. As the great leader Winston Churchill said: "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
    Kathleen G. Kane is Pennsylvania attorney general.
    Oh this is rich.

Classrooms of children? Not to minimize that 20 children were killed, but, 20 children were killed, in one classroom. There were more children killed by drunk drivers this year, and I don't hear one peep out of anyone trying to stop that. Disingenuous and duplicitous.

You never swore to defend a right for mentally ill to own 100 round mags? You also never swore to take away my right to own one, unless you count the BJs you gave to Bloomberg while accepting his money, but you sure do have a hardon to take away my rights. When I commit a felony, please, come take away my rights. Until then, leave me alone.

Toomey swore an oath to put the safety of his constituents before the words in the Constitution? When? The words in the Constitution trump everything, every time. That's why the words are there. They were meant to, for all time, codify the rights that we have inherently as American citizens. For the first time in human history, citizens had the power to both question their government in word and in print, and to take up arms against their government. Might be unsavory to some, especially those who rule, but the government belongs to the people, is run by the people, and is subservient to the people. When we say no, you nod and go do something else. That's how it works.

Sure 90% of Americans want to feel safer in their communities. I want to meet the 10% who said they DO NOT want to feel safe. What kind of stupid statistic is that? You know who they are? The gang members, the drug dealers and users, the folks who commit crimes, usually involving guns, every single day of their lives, and suckle at the government teat from cradle to grave. Those people, they don't care if you feel safer, they want you disarmed. They want you to provide no resistance as they rob you, rape you, take bribes from our elected officials. No resistance means passive agreement. Do you agree that unpunished felons and city folk ought to be allowed to run amok, like wild animals, without the fear that one of their potential victims will put a bullet in their mouth? If so, come visit North Philly around 0200 on a Sunday morning. I'm sure they'd love to meet you Ms. Kane.

As long as *commonsense* legislation gets amended with totalitarian disarmament schemes, it will never see the light of day, and will fail every time. Each time something is even the slightest palatable to even the smallest group, someone tacks on some garbage like an assault weapons ban, or a magazine cap ban (which, for those who know the terminology, means most every handgun as well as rifle), or registry, or grandfathering scheme. That's why your gun control legislation is failing and will always fail. Keep the zealots and big government folks out of the discussions. You might actually come up with something that is right and fixes the problem.

Perhaps Ms. Kane can explain what part of the recent failed legislation would have stopped Adam Lanza. If she can, I'll send her a 35$ check that she can add to the millions Bloomberg sent her.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast