Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Allegheny County ltcf wait time

Emailed my renewal and my wife's new application on March 1, to Allegheny County and still no cards in the mail. Called the firearms division and was told that due to getting slammed with new apps. they have lines 60+ long from 7:30 am til closing everyday and the state threw out the 45 day limit. He said they are still only working on apps. from Feb.

He also said there is only 3 of them working there and they stopped all overtime . My current license expires 4/24 and was informed no grace period and could take an additional 8 weeks! WTF

So let me get this straight you can only file your renewal app. 60 days before expiration and it takes 4 months to process?

Anybody else hear this?

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Allegheny County ltcf wait time

Whenever I applied (Feb. I think, just the other month any way) the form mentioned up to 45 days and I'm pretty sure mine came right at the 45 day mark give or take a couple of days.

Seemed crazy for such a long wait, but they have an incredbily high volume of new applicants/renewals. When I picked mine up there was a decent line and only 2 guys working so I imagine they are understaffed significantly.

Hopefuly it comes through soon for you though!

(Allegheny County)

Wife's yellow card just came last week. Day 44 to be exact. Hang in there.

You would think though, that the Sherriff's Dept. would be able to expadite renewals, since they have a limited timeframe.

(Allegheny County)

I sent in my application via mail on February 25th. I just got the yellow card last Saturday (April 20).

I sent my LTCF application in via email on March 1st. I got a voicemail on March 4th stating that the "PDF that I had sent in wasn't readable. Only the top half of the PDF came through, everything else was blank". I don't understand how this can be, since I could open that PDF on about 4 computers.

That night I scanned it again, saved it as a PDF and a JPG in case there was a formatting issue. I sent it again. Received a very brief email back the next morning saying it was the SAME problem, and that they required me to physically mail in my application.

I mailed in my application on March 5th. It is 1 day postage to downtown from where I mailed it.

I called the Sherriff's department this morning since we are well past the 45 day point to at least verify that they received the application. The response, "Yes, we have it, it will be at least 2 more week, we have 3,000 applications to go through" and then a disconnect.

I'm starting to find this a bit unacceptable. I have an IT background, and I have never once had a PDF come through corrupt for one person, but not the originator...let alone twice. Seemed like a delaying tactic. Now I'm going to have to wait 10 weeks for my permit? Seems a bit ludicrous. I thought they only had 45 days to issue or deny?

I want to complain, but unfortunately lost the emails from them by the time I went back for them 4 weeks later. Also, really not an organization I want to piss off BEFORE they issue me my permit.

Any thoughts here? I have a buddy that walked into the courthouse in Johnstown PA and walked out with his 25 minutes later....

(Allegheny County)

Hang in there! I emailed mine on Feb 28 and received my card yesterday Saturday April 27th..

Finally got my yellow card last Saturday, waited about 30 minutes to get my picture ID last Monday. I can understand why they are so backed up, three people working in a cubby hole the size of a kitchen. Silly. They really should staff appropriately. I know in just the time I was there they made about 500 bucks for the 25 people or so there.