Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default 20,000 Stolen M-16?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by http://dcclothesline.com/2013/04/19/20000-u-s-origin-m-16s-stolen-in-kuwait-no-security-present/comment-page-1/

20,000 U.S. Origin M-16s Stolen in Kuwait – NO SECURITY PRESENT
    Posted by Tim Brown
    While Barack Obama and the Democrats have been pushing gun control, that has ultimately failed, others on the other side of the world have had their eyes on weapons with U.S. origins. Apparently a cache of 20,000 M16 rifles have been stolen, according to a report.

World Tribune reports,

The Interior Ministry said thieves broke into a warehouse and stole a huge amount of firearms and ammunition. The ministry said 20,000 U.S.-origin M-16 assault rifles and 15,000 rounds for 9mm pistols were stolen.

“There were no guards during the break-in,” the ministry said on April 7.

The ministry said the target was a warehouse of the Interior Ministry in Subiya, Middle East Newsline reported. The statement said thieves broke three doors and removed the entire contents of the warehouse.

Not only was the warehouse, where these weapons kept, unguarded, but a huge cache of ammunition also went with the weapons.

Firearms Talks speculates that the M16s would have been packed in M4 embark boxes (each box containing six rifles) and weighed about 150 pounds. They speculate that it would have taken a football team sized group, working all afternoon, and convoy of vans to have moved 3,000 boxes of these weapons.

Even if the weapons were in racks, that would require then to be able to access the locks or remove them and then you are still talking about hours to remove 20,000 rifles.

These weapons were not owned by the U.S., even though we have some 13,000 troops in the Kuwait area. Apparently they are either military aid or Foreign Military Sales to the government of Kuwait.

Christopher Eger writes, “While Al Qaeda itself is not believed to be operational in the kingdom, a group known as the Peninsula Lions with links to AQ has been active in the country in recent years as has the Iranian backed Generation of Arab Fury. Whether or not these guns were stolen by these groups, tribal-based criminal organizations, or some other new player to the area is currently not known. What is known is that 20,000 M16s are most likely on the underground silk road for those with the scratch and the contacts.”

Another report that came out today indicates that it was 20,000 m-16 rifle rounds and 15,000 9mm pistol rounds that were stolen. The source said that hearing protectors and a printer was also stolen.

Calls to the U.S State Department for clarification have not been returned and emails to the Kuwait Times, that reported a week later that it was rounds and not arms have not been returned.

Tim Brown is a regular contributor to The D.C. Clothesline and the Editor of Freedom Outpost.
    So is this a new background check loophole? What shall we call it, the "guns in storage with no guards" loophole?

(Indiana County)

Default Re: 20,000 Stolen M-16?!?!

Somebody needs to be watching Obama's overseas accounts for a large deposit originating in Kuwait.

You know how you hear about people knowing they are going to be out of a job selling off their employers goods and pocketing the cash?....

And I can't get any ammo or guns that I'm willing to pay for here.

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android

You let things like this happen then shrug, you willingly let KNOWN Mexican criminals walk away with 2,000 rifles. Billions of dollars to KNOWN Islamists in Egypt.

And you turn around and tell me, a citizen of YOUR OWN COUNTRY, I can't posess the tools I need because I'm irresponsible and MIGHT commit a crime in the FUTURE?

There is no word good enough for you, Obama, you sniveling c*nt.

That's why they don't want us owning guns, we make them look bad when it comes to common gun safety and responsibility. I understand that with an operation as big as the US gov't and its foreign aid operations, there are bound to be accidents, but 20,000 rifles just that we know of is a pretty big screwup. All this proves is that, of anyone, the government is the last to be trusted with guns.
    They even have minds but do not think. -Dov Fischer

(Allegheny County)

15,000 rounds is "a huge cache of ammunition"?

Who knew?
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Delaware County)

This is where we need to employ our reading and critical thinking skills. Is it likely that the warehouse had 20k rifles, and 15k *rounds* 9mm? Does that make sense to us? And if that really were the theft, would they even *mention* the ammo? Yes, they stole 20-30 million worth of guns, and 3 thousand worth of handgun ammo, oh, and a desktop printer, I think the ink cartridge was at least half full... We'll call it half for the report.

Or is this sloppy reporting, and we're talking about 20k 5.56 rounds, and 15k 9mm rounds..? Because that could be loaded into a pickup in 30 minutes by 2 guys.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Helter View Post
    This is where we need to employ our reading and critical thinking skills. Is it likely that the warehouse had 20k rifles, and 15k *rounds* 9mm? Does that make sense to us? And if that really were the theft, would they even *mention* the ammo? Yes, they stole 20-30 million worth of guns, and 3 thousand worth of handgun ammo, oh, and a desktop printer, I think the ink cartridge was at least half full... We'll call it half for the report.

Or is this sloppy reporting, and we're talking about 20k 5.56 rounds, and 15k 9mm rounds..? Because that could be loaded into a pickup in 30 minutes by 2 guys.
    This. Much more reasonable and doable. Perhaps lack of supply here primarily in those two rounds is the reason behind it. I mean we as a country are buying all the domestic and foreign Eatern block ammo we can. How many people would have bought "Bear" or "PPU" ammo before. In anycase, that amount would sell out in a couple of minutes online here.
    "Governments... derive their just powers from the consent of the governed."

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by RaggedEdge View Post
    This. Much more reasonable and doable. Perhaps lack of supply here primarily in those two rounds is the reason behind it. I mean we as a country are buying all the domestic and foreign Eatern block ammo we can. How many people would have bought "Bear" or "PPU" ammo before. In anycase, that amount would sell out in a couple of minutes online here.
    Lack of supply is the US caused someone in Kuwait to steal ammo?

Am I missing the connection?

Are you implying that someone there stole it to import here?

Sounds more like terrorists with inside information stealing supplies from an unguarded warehouse.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    15,000 rounds is "a huge cache of ammunition"?

Who knew?
    Ya, I thought that was funny. 15,000 rounds would fit in my sweater drawer.
    If it was 5.56 ammo, that's not even one round per stolen rifle.

Adding that detail to the story would be like the 11 o'clock news having a story about a multicar pileup, and mentioning that one of the cars involved didn't have a valid emissions sticker..

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by RandomTask View Post
    Ya, I thought that was funny. 15,000 rounds would fit in my sweater drawer.
    If it was 5.56 ammo, that's not even one round per stolen rifle.

Adding that detail to the story would be like the 11 o'clock news having a story about a multicar pileup, and mentioning that one of the cars involved didn't have a valid emissions sticker..
    You have a drawer dedicated to sweaters?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast