Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
    (Erie County)

Default Re: I Shot My Hangun on a friends property and the cops came.. I have questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kabloosh View Post
    Cops walk up seeing alcohol and people shooting guns. What do you think they are going to think? Especially in the age of where drinking and driving is taken seriously. You can get a DUI for operating a lawnmower while drinking these days.

Oh, that they were drunk? No one was driving, Don't confuse two separate issues.

By your reasoning, this should apply to a MWAG call, the police should prone out someone, because they are OCing!
    Last edited by Gun; April 28th, 2013 at 12:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

Default Re: I Shot My Hangun on a friends property and the cops came.. I have questions.

Streaker, to a LEO? hell yes. wouldn't it be if you were one? man I had no idea fantasy island had such a large population.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kabloosh View Post
    The general consensus is that as long as people follow the instructions of the police officers everyone is going to go home safe or at least still be alive that the end of the day.
    How about those documented instances where police give conflicting instructions and then shoot the guy for not complying

"Don't move"
    "Put your hands up!"
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Beaver County)

WRT anybody involved getting home safely at the end of that day, perhaps it would be enlightening if some of our more truculent members could cite us some recent instances of escalating interaction with already escalated cops where that proved to be a good idea? I'm all ears.
    The first one to use the word "sheeple" automatically loses the argument.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by nachogrande View Post
    Streaker, to a LEO? hell yes. wouldn't it be if you were one? man I had no idea fantasy island had such a large population.

Then they shouldn't be cops, no more than a person shouldn't be a firefighter if they think it a better idea to just let the structure burn to the ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    How about those documented instances where police give conflicting instructions and then shoot the guy for not complying

"Don't move"
    "Put your hands up!"
    So what is the other alternative when cops have drawn down on you? Do you think killing them will make it all go away?

Oh, that they were drunk? No one was driving, Don't confuse two separate issues.

By your reasoning, this should apply to a MWAG call, the police should prone out someone, because they are OCing!
    I'm not saying they should of drawn down on them and treated them like they were a high risk. I could understand their reasoning behind it. Alcohol present and them actively operating machinery(yes a gun is a machine). I also think they esculated the situation by treating it as such and now everyone on both sides were negatively impacted and then this has become a public relations nightmare where we now have everyone flipping out over it.

Okay, we have passed the 160 post mark. We have an OP with three total posts, a new guy here who thinks it is fine and dandy to be insulting both to individuals and the board as a whole, and non productive arguing. Everyone, please, go shooting, do some reloading, or clean your guns.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617