Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Will be New to the Monroe county area soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Thanks for clearing that FL ccw thing up for me, people in NJ believe that it was done to keep us from carrying in the state to cut down on the amount of possible weapon holders in PA. I guess NJ is taking this too personal. How is the sheriff with signing off on NFA or a C&R license?
    Our new AG is a major antigun arse. She's rewriting our reciprocity with as many States as she can. Trust me she's more concerned about disarming the PA residents and if it affects any other States it is just a bonus.

The sheriff doesn't sign off on anything. It's your local police chief that has the honors of doing that. So depending on what township you live in depends on how that Chief handles it.

Great, thanks for the information.

(Monroe County)

Welcome. I live not far from where you are moving also. I live in Chestnut Hill Twp. I also work here. It's a nice place to live.

I was just approved for my LTCF and they are a stickler for that whole 2 Monroe County References thing. My boyfriend and I couldn't be each others references because we live together. When you have all the required documents you just take everything down to the Courthouse in Stroudsburg. The Monroe county Sheriff has a firearms division there and they will do the investigating and either accept or deny your permit within 45 days.

If you have any questions feel free to ask away. Welcome to the area (in June)
    currently; 10+ & counting. everyday carry w/ruger lcp.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by starswilldiex View Post
    Welcome. I live not far from where you are moving also. I live in Chestnut Hill Twp. I also work here. It's a nice place to live.
    Did you see the shots fire in the paper on Sunday? Whispering Woods development in the township.

(Monroe County)

I should of heard them I'm that close. I guess I will carry more around the home.
    http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbc...290325/-1/NEWS
    April 29, 2013

Multiple gunshots were reported in the area of Whisperwood Court in Chestnuthill Township Saturday evening.

At 8:11 p.m., two residents were outside doing yard work when a red Suzuki turned around in a driveway, said state police at Fern Ridge. The vehicle parked down the street and four black males got out and came down the road.

The victims were afraid so they ran around the side of the house. Five to six shots were fired from multiple handguns. No one was hurt, police said.

Call police at 570-646-2271 with information
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    I should of heard them I'm that close. I guess I will carry more around the home.
    That's the same one block long road where the lady opened the door and was shot a month or so ago. Turned out shot by her mother in law.
    I doubt this was random. It's a bit out of the way and a pretty busy neighborhood.

(Monroe County)

I'm in the on the other side of the cow pasture in a older neighborhood. I was thinking there's more to this also.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Monroe County)

Country Terrace or Long Woods?

The woods where LTS built Whispering Woods used to be called the whirly woods and had an abundance of bear, deer and turkey. Was very wet and even swampy in some parts.

(Monroe County)

[bevis] huh-huh huh.. Longwood...huh huh[/bevis]

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by starswilldiex View Post

I was just approved for my LTCF and they are a stickler for that whole 2 Monroe County References thing. My boyfriend and I couldn't be each others references because we live together. When you have all the required documents you just take everything down to the Courthouse in Stroudsburg. The Monroe county Sheriff has a firearms division there and they will do the investigating and either accept or deny your permit within 45 days.

If you have any questions feel free to ask away. Welcome to the area (in June)
    Only problem is that they are not "required" by State law. Yes, you need 'references' but they are not mandated by State law to be residents of your County. Also the 'other' proof of ID can be anything from your electric bill to your local tax statement. Hell even Philly lets you bring in anything with your name and address on it as proof. Sorry to say that Monroe is actually worse than Philly is this regard.

The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, as long as you have your Berkheimer.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast