Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Will be New to the Monroe county area soon.

Plus I'm sure you could use some ref's for your future LTCF. After all you will no longer be in a designated victim state.
    Last edited by Rosco the Iroc; April 25th, 2013 at 07:05 PM.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

Very true but I would not put that on anyone I just met, that's like cornering someone and asking them to help you move on their only Saturday off.

(Monroe County)

I'm busy all next weekend, free otherwise as long as beer is involved.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Very true but I would not put that on anyone I just met, that's like cornering someone and asking them to help you move on their only Saturday off.
    You'll need two Monroe county residents (not related to you) as your references. We're working on getting that fixed, but for now don't turn anyone away. Oh and you need to be a resident of Monroe County for 6 months and proof of local taxes (Berkheimer tax return), we're working on that too.

Anywho, welcome to the neighborhood.

(Monroe County)

Welcome to the real United States!
    I am a transplant from north Jersey (Cuba) myself. I've been here almost 8 years now and I avoid going back across the river as much as possible.

I'm in East Stroudsburg and I am always up for a range trip or even just a meet and greet.

(Monroe County)

I think we are closing the borders. If you are from the east you need to apply for asylum and be approved.

I'm busy all next weekend, free otherwise as long as beer is involved.
    I always try and keep it flowing as much as possible.

I'm in East Stroudsburg and I am always up for a range trip or even just a meet and greet.
    Great! this is turning out to be a party and I was worried I would be isolating myself off.

You'll need two Monroe county residents (not related to you) as your references. We're working on getting that fixed, but for now don't turn anyone away. Oh and you need to be a resident of Monroe County for 6 months and proof of local taxes (Berkheimer tax return), we're working on that too.

Anywho, welcome to the neighborhood.
    Yeah I already invested a few hours in this forum reading up on Monroe county and the issues previous people have had with getting their LTCP, I have only 2 real questions.

1. I read on the sheriff's site that you must be a Monroe country resident for at least 60 day's did that change to 6 months? I thought 60 days kinda sucked but 6 months really blows.

2. I have a Non resident Florida state ccw permit, I know that due to the great work of the PA AG they are no longer valid in PA unless you are a resident of FL. However being that I will be a full time resident in PA will it now become valid. I know it's a stretch, guess im looking for a loop whole. The only thing that I would have to do while waiting for the Monroe county rules would be have my addy changed on the FL ccw.

I think we are closing the borders. If you are from the east you need to apply for asylum and be approved.
    As long as you do it on June 8th I am fine with that.

(Monroe County)

I am in Marshals Creek. Always down for a range trip. Sheriff Martin does make use go the extra mile and it is a pain.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    I always try and keep it flowing as much as possible.

Great! this is turning out to be a party and I was worried I would be isolating myself off.

Yeah I already invested a few hours in this forum reading up on Monroe county and the issues previous people have had with getting their LTCP, I have only 2 real questions.

1. I read on the sheriff's site that you must be a Monroe country resident for at least 60 day's did that change to 6 months? I thought 60 days kinda sucked but 6 months really blows.

2. I have a Non resident Florida state ccw permit, I know that due to the great work of the PA AG they are no longer valid in PA unless you are a resident of FL. However being that I will be a full time resident in PA will it now become valid. I know it's a stretch, guess im looking for a loop whole. The only thing that I would have to do while waiting for the Monroe county rules would be have my addy changed on the FL ccw.

As long as you do it on June 8th I am fine with that.
    1. 6 months, 60 days either way it's BS that he has placed on top of what the requirements actually are and you have to wait for Berkhiemer to put you on the roll. The forms just went out last month and had to be filed by 4/15. You won't get one till next year unless you contact them.

2. Florida non-res are not valid in PA whether you're a PA resident or not. That's why "she" had the reciprocity changed, for the PA residents that carried them and not a PA LTCF.

Thanks for clearing that FL ccw thing up for me, people in NJ believe that it was done to keep us from carrying in the state to cut down on the amount of possible weapon holders in PA. I guess NJ is taking this too personal. How is the sheriff with signing off on NFA or a C&R license?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast