Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Gun Review: Taurus PT1911 .45 acp

Quote Originally Posted by knighthawk06699 View Post
    Do they have a ramped barrel??
    I'm 99.5% sure that they have ramped frames and non-ramped barrels. The 1911 gurus generally don't like ramped barrels for .45s.
    Removed NRA Life Member pic. LaPierre and Chris Cox are ruining NRA.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Suburban View Post
    I'm 99.5% sure that they have ramped frames and non-ramped barrels. The 1911 gurus generally don't like ramped barrels for .45s.
    It has a ramped frame along with a throated barrel...

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

(York County)

Smile Re: Gun Review: Taurus PT1911 .45 acp

I picked up my PT-1911 Stainless this morning at Stubby's gun and ammo store in York Pa. (Hope no one minds me plugging the store but I have to say between the prices and level of service he is tough to beat) I plan on leaving work a little early so I can put some rounds thru it. He has one left in the case (Black) and while I was waiting for my paperwork to get approved I couldn't keep my hands off of my new gun, I guess the look on my face was evident because 2 people looked at the black PT-1911 and my feeling is it will be gone before the end of the week. Once I chew up some ammo I will report back to let you know how it went.

(Blair County)

I keep looking at one of these. You guys make me want to rush out and spend more money.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steeltown View Post
    I picked up my PT-1911 Stainless this morning at Stubby's gun and ammo store in York Pa. (Hope no one minds me plugging the store but I have to say between the prices and level of service he is tough to beat) I plan on leaving work a little early so I can put some rounds thru it. He has one left in the case (Black) and while I was waiting for my paperwork to get approved I couldn't keep my hands off of my new gun, I guess the look on my face was evident because 2 people looked at the black PT-1911 and my feeling is it will be gone before the end of the week. Once I chew up some ammo I will report back to let you know how it went.
    Congrats. You're gonna love it.

Quote Originally Posted by jmiro View Post
    I keep looking at one of these. You guys make me want to rush out and spend more money.
    Have you looked at the Duo Tone model. Very nice.

(Westmoreland County)

The more this thread pops up, the more I wanna go get a Stainless PT1911! But somehow, I think Santa has other plans for me! LOL

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

(York County)

Cool Re: Gun Review: Taurus PT1911 .45 acp

I really hope this is not serious and I really hope someone has a solution. As I mentioned earlier I picked up my new PT-1911 today and I could not wait for the weekend to get to the range so I blew off the rest of my work day and off to the range I went. I am a little green when it comes to ammo but the first box of 45 ACP ammo I bought was WOLF FMJ ball ammo (cheap $15.00) loaded the clip and put in the gun, racked a round into the chamber and was ready to fire. The first 2 rounds were flawless but when I attempted to pull the trigger for the third round I noticed the trigger would not move, the hammer did not drop, and my first thought was that the safety was on but it was not. I repositioned my hands on the safety grip but it still would not fire. I immediatley put the safety on and tried to figure out what I was doing wrong, I then took off the safety and was set to fire, again the next 2 rounds went smooth and then it locked up again. After repeating what I did with the safety a few times I was able to fire all of the rounds in the clip.

I then loaded the extra clip that came with the gun and I noticed that the clip would not stay seated in the gun. I disengaged the clip a few times and it finally stayed seated in the gun but I had the exact same problems that I did with the first clip. The only way I could fire an entire 8 rounds was to keep readjusting my hands on the grip safety until the trigger freed up. I thought maybe it's the ammo so I went down the road and picked up a box of Winchester 45 ACP brass jacketed ball ammo and went back to the range only to have the same problems. It seemed when I would wiggle the clip a little I was able to fire 2 or 3 rounds before the gun would lock up.

All of the ammo that I fired ejected properly and did not misfire and I did not have one jam but I could not get thru a clip with out the gun locking up. I am really hoping that my clips are causing my issue (I have already rendered one of the clips useless since it will not stay seating in the gun)

I would appreciate any advice. I love the gun and I am not too dissapointed yet.

Thanks

(Lawrence County)

Does the trigger have an overtravel screw on the face? Back it off a few turns.

Lycanandreportbackthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post

Lycanandreportbackthrope
    I don't think they have an overtravel screw after a quick google.....

Are you shooting with your thumb on top of the thumb safety so it doesn't ride up?

Lycanhardtosaythrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post

Lycanandreportbackthrope
    If you look at the bottom of the trigger, you can see a hole in the front. Is this the overtravel screw?

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast