Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Gun Review: Taurus PT1911 .45 acp

Quote Originally Posted by knighthawk06699 View Post
    Besides the finish I have heard horror stories about people trying to change out the grips. Good luck with it, gorgeous photos by the way she is a beauty. Did you take all of them cause I see two different guns did you get two?
    No problems changing grips...I spent maybe 10 minutes sanding the right grip panel down to accommodate the ambi safety tang. Otherwise, it was plug and play!

I took all the photos and it is the same gun. The latter photos show it with the new Pachmayer grips. The first few photos show the factory plastic grips.

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

(Perry County)

Well done review! Thanks for putting it together. I've been looking at different 1911 models and was worried about the quality of the taurus vs some other higher end models. Not anymore.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by RocketFoot View Post
    No problems changing grips...I spent maybe 10 minutes sanding the right grip panel down to accommodate the ambi safety tang. Otherwise, it was plug and play!

I took all the photos and it is the same gun. The latter photos show it with the new Pachmayer grips. The first few photos show the factory plastic grips.

I am super happy for you then!!! I really hope you enjoy it, I just got a Para 1911 and am in love with it. I am mainly a polymer guy Glock, Watherp99 that sort but I do have to say the 1911 is one hell of a handgun!!! BTW I loves those grips!!! They are stunning.

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

(Philadelphia County)

Awesome review and great pics. I was conidering a PT1911 for my next pistol and I think you just made my mind up for me.

West of the mountains, south of the lake, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Nice review. I really enjoy my 1911s, and wish I could carry one on the job, but I have to carry my issue Glock. No complaints regarding the Glock, I just hit better and faster with the 1911.

I may do a review when I'm finished masturbating to those photos...
    ..........and washing your hands :-)

Nice 1911. I have a Springfield and would like to get another 1911. I was looking at the PT but haven't decided yet. They are a really nice value it seems. I love my Springfields, but with the same features as the Taurus, I'll be paying an additional $400 or somewhere around there.

Taurus has come a long way but there's just something about them making a 1911......I know it's probably just a mental block but I keep coming back to Springfield.

I have also been looking at Wilson, but there's an extra $1000

I can't justify several thousand bucks (when it's all said and done) for a 1911 or any other working handgun. If I were a millionaire, I'd buy custom everything, but .................you know how that goes.

That PT1911 is looking better and better.

iamhistory
    Adapt, Adjust and Overcome.

Good looking pistol with those grips, great pics and a great writeup. I bought a PT1911 about a year ago and have been thoroughly pleased with the pistol's performance.

(Adams County)

Excellent review, I thought I was reading something copied from a magazine.

I had a couple of Taurus revolvers and a Springfield 1911 15-20 years ago. No probs ever from either of the three, and I reloaded for all of them.

I stopped in at Stubby Gear today and told him, "If the Schoolmarm asks what I like, show her the Taurus 1911".

After reading this review, along with my past experience, I know one of these is in my future. Gotta pay for the mystery gun on lay away first!

Rocketfoot, enjoy your 1911, and know you've made me somewhat jealous!
    USMV M/C

(Luzerne County)

Very nice review on the gun and the pictures were great....... VERY well done... and now that you have done the review just let me know when I can pick my gun since you are going to get others....LOL

Nice job

Thumbs up Re: Gun Review: Taurus PT1911 .45 acp

Fantastic review Rocket, well thought out and executed. a pleasure to read! I think mostly becuse of my good experience with the pt1911. I got the stainless model and love the finish, it's beautiful even with the factory grips. I plan to change to crimson trace laser grips. I have changed the ambi safety out however in favor of a wilson combat tactical single sided. the ambi that came in it just didnt seem to cooperate with me and kept trying to creep out and seperate; so due to having a wilson combat in one of my other 1911's and never having trouble; the swap was made. Accuracy was good right out of the box on mine. I will do a slight adjustment to fit my sight picture but wonderful sights all around. I was getting 3" goups on my first range session with it at 25 yards. It hit very close to point of aim and some of the guys at my club tried it out and found it nice also. I think with further range time, the Taurus and I will work together as well as my favorite "old faithful" 1911. I like it being the "pretty" gun in my collection, but also a great performer. my other ones are the lovable old G.I. type "ugly" that most of us 1911 fans I have met seem to appreciate on some level. I'll post some pictures of mine when I get the laser grips installed!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast