Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Schuylkill County)

Default new guy on forum needs some advice

hey guys...first off i am new to the forum..have been a member for about a week or so but this is my first post. i have a brand new captive recoil spring assembly shipped from taurus that i received today. it is definitely the right part but i had a bit of trouble fitting it into the slide being as it is so stiff(assuming because it is brand new) i finally got it in there and attempted to attach the slide and move to the locked open position. but it will not go back as the spring is so tight that it will not allow the barrel to have that little bit of slack in it that it needs to rack the slide. my question is am i doing something wrong? im not sure it there is something i should have done with the new recoil spring or not. if it helps at all it is a PT140 millenium. thanks in advance for the help guys.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: new guy on forum needs some advice

Welcome to the board.

Come visit us at www.taurusarmed.net lots of video tutorials there on Taurus Guns.

How to assembey /disassemble your gun, how to clean and maintain your Taurus, come over and read.

See if you put the spring in backwards, also new springs are very stiff.

Can you post pictures of the problem ?

(Schuylkill County)

i will check out the other sight..also will upload pictures as soon as i am able to. thanks

Post a picture of the front of the muzzle showing the guide rod plug inside the end of the slide (fully assembled). The plug should be flush with the end of the slide. If you are not able to squeeze it enough to lock the opposite end against the lug (trigger side), you may have to move it around, some, to get the guide rod plug all the way to the end of the slide. It will be mad tight if you don't get the plug flush with the end of the slide. It is the same way on the 24/7 Pro, just a little longer. I have a few of the Pro's.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Schuylkill County)

sorry i havent posted pictures...i have since figured out that even though the springs look the same, they are not...i called Taurus CS and they apologized and sent me 2 of the correct recoil springs assemblies. i expect them mid week. the original spring made it here in 5 days. even though it was the wrong one i was really pleased with the fact that i received it so quickly