Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (York County)

Default PA Lethal Weapons Training Program

I'm considering becoming certified to teach this program. Is there anyone out there familiar with the process and if there is a demand for this?

(Northampton County)

Default Re: PA Lethal Weapons Training Program

Act 235 I took the course and drove an armored truck part time for $10.00hr.

http://www.lethalweapons.state.pa.us...g_program/7611

Before you spend the money do a job search. If you could find family protection it would probably pay better.
    National Handgun Reciprocity
    End Gun Free Zones
    Fast & Furious show us the documents

(Lycoming County)

I'd check with the state police as to how to get certified. There is a demand for the training but the jobs don't generally pay very well.
    “It's not a gun control problem; it's a cultural control problem.” Bob Barr

"I have a love interest in every one of my films - a gun." Arnold Schwarzenegger

Quote Originally Posted by jerryg View Post
    Act 235 I took the course and drove an armored truck part time for $10.00hr.

http://www.lethalweapons.state.pa.us...g_program/7611

Before you spend the money do a job search. If you could find family protection it would probably pay better.
    10.00hr? Talk about bs pay. Especially when you consider the dangers and how much money your handling

Quote Originally Posted by Chrono00 View Post
    10.00hr? Talk about bs pay. Especially when you consider the dangers and how much money your handling
    Yeah security pay for any type of security position usually sucks. Back in the day people made a decent living doing security work and then we got all complacent and the pants-wetters got uncomfortable seeing security guards. A security guard actually meant there were bad guys around that might want to do bad things and now we wouldn't want that would we? Better to get rid of the security guards so we wouldn't have to be reminded of why they were there in the first place. So security guards went away and bad guys started shooting up schools and movie theaters and blowing up joggers and everybody is up in arms saying "how could this happen? How come no one noticed anything suspicious?" Well dumb asses, the guys that used to get paid to notice the suspicious things aren't there any more, or aren't being paid enough to make it worth their while or take it seriously.

Hopefully in the light of a few recent events we will start taking security guards seriously and pay them a decent wage. No more 85 year old guys who can't see past their spectacles and are just there so the company gets an insurance discount

(Allegheny County)

Start here to get certified to teach ACT 235.

http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal...cedures/529858
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Northampton County)

I never understood the act 235 thing. Spend money to get a qualification to make 10$ an hour. And if the armoured truck is heavy enough, be required to have a CDL & medical card in addition to act 235 to make 10$/hr. I guess I just don't get it.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by reverserboy View Post
    I never understood the act 235 thing. Spend money to get a qualification to make 10$ an hour. And if the armoured truck is heavy enough, be required to have a CDL & medical card in addition to act 235 to make 10$/hr. I guess I just don't get it.
    The co. I worked for paid me 1/2 the cost of 235 after 6 mos. and the other 1/2 after 1 yr. All but 1 of our trucks had a gross veh. weight of 25,995 lbs. so no Class B license. Yes you need DOT med card, they paid, also subject to no notice Drug Tests.

They only hire part timers, no benefits.

Check out the nuke plants or drug co. I think they might pay better and be full time.
    National Handgun Reciprocity
    End Gun Free Zones
    Fast & Furious show us the documents

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by reverserboy View Post
    I've had three different jobs with ACT235, They paid $10.00, $13.50, and $20.00 per hour. None were armored car.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(York County)

I appreciate all your responses. Very insightful and helpful info. I'm considering the training side only..already full time employed in law enforcement and have a training background there and with the NRA.

In addition to armed security, is there much demand for other professions to train with me (private detectives, etc)?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast