Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (York County)

Default NRA files suit for restraining order on Nutty Nutter and illegal Philly laws

'Bout time my dues finally are doing something....

NRA Begins Court Battle to Protect Pennsylvania Firearm Preemption

Fairfax, VA-Today in Pennsylvania court, the National Rifle Association (NRA) filed for a temporary restraining order blocking the City of Philadelphia from enforcing recently enacted gun control measures. Pennsylvania's state preemption law maintains uniformity over a statewide system of gun laws by barring municipalities from enacting gun control laws that are more restrictive than those passed by the state legislature. NRA is joined in this effort by the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) and local citizens of Philadelphia.

Last week, Philadelphia's city council passed a package of gun control bills that were clearly preempted by state law. Mayor Michael Nutter, in a brazen act of lawlessness, signed the bills. District Attorney Lynne Abraham warned the city council and mayor that their taxpayer-funded folly was unconstitutional.

"Apparently, Philadelphia politicians believe they can circumvent the will of the Pennsylvania legislature," said Chris W. Cox, NRA's chief lobbyist. "This is the third time the City of Philadelphia has tried to thwart state law by passing its own gun control restrictions. First it tried suing the state legislature, then it tried strong-arming the state legislature, and now it has decided to ignore state law altogether. Despite what it seems to believe, the City of Philadelphia is not above the law."
    SIG Sauer, S&W M&P and Mossberg 930 Armorer

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: NRA files suit for restraining order on Nutty Nutter and illegal Philly laws

OUTSTANDING. Within less than a week they moved on it. Glad my dues are at work.
    NEED should never enter into a discussion about RIGHTS

(Pike County)

Default Re: NRA files suit for restraining order on Nutty Nutter and illegal Philly laws

Quote Originally Posted by OneLungMcClung View Post
    OUTSTANDING. Within less than a week they moved on it. Glad my dues are at work.

coudnt have said it better ,,was wondering where my dues were going ..

(Berks County)

That's great news. I was wondering how long it would take for them to get involved.

Quote Originally Posted by NoHackrLtd View Post
    'Bout time my dues finally are doing something....
    Good to hear that something is being done.

Now if we could just do something to convince our government that our Amendments need not be challenged/changed, I'd be a happy camper.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by OneLungMcClung View Post
    Amen to that, remember this next time someone suggests not supporting the NRA. They are not perfect, but they are our allies, and they are a massive gorilla that can pound things exceptionally well.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Allegheny County)

Yeah, but they send me all those things(that I can throw out)asking for money(that I don't have to give), and when I renewed, I never got my $2.00 ball cap(but I never bothered to call and ask about it), and I heard(on the internets)that they don't really care about my rights, and blah, blah, blah...

Politicians don't sweat, or get angry when YOU, as an individual, confront them regarding these illegal acts... the NRA gets their attention though.

Glad to see them raising their voice on our behalf.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Luzerne County)

has there been any feedback from the city yet?
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Delaware County)

Am glad to see them get involved so now the next time the city tries to pass another gun control law at least they have them in their cross hairs.

Quote Originally Posted by danp View Post
    Amen to that, remember this next time someone suggests not supporting the NRA. They are not perfect, but they are our allies, and they are a massive gorilla that can pound things exceptionally well.
    sadly enough people where complaining they didn't do it fast enough, just can't please everyone I guess. But you pretty much summed up my thoughts on them to the T.

You still should probably let me hang onto the M-16 until it gets sorted out/indefinitely

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast