Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: I'm thinking about buying a Sig P226

Quote Originally Posted by 87hurricane View Post
    I recently parted with my Colt 1911 Gold Cup, because I shot it and a P220 Elite back to back, and for me, the Sig was better in every way.
    Blasphemy.............!
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Allegheny County)

The Navy Seals carry them into combat and through the most hostile environments on earth for a reason.

Basically I am a Glock guy, not a fan boy but I prefer them to all other pistols. I do love the Sig guns though and would like to add one. I know what the differences are but is it worth me buying it, it would mostly be a range/home defense gun but my Glock 17 or 19 can do that just fine. I guess I just want one and need some info before I spend $800

(Lehigh County)

I Picked a used 226 in .40s&w, have an EFF 9mm conversion barrel & the .22 conversion. I haven't had a single malfunction with it when firing .40 & 9mm(not sure of the round count, but over a 1000 between both calibers), the .22 conversion is a different story, but still not bad. I threw a Hogue grip on it & it feels just slightly wide but great none the less. For me it's the most natural pointing pistol I own or have owned. I haven't handled one with the E2 grips so I can't comment on them. I love mine & it's a keeper...

Quote Originally Posted by *Klutch* View Post
    Basically I am a Glock guy, it would mostly be a range/home defense gun but my Glock 17 or 19 can do that just fine.
    I've sold or traded anything that interferes with being able to shoot a 1911, instinctively. The Taurus polymers, the Sigs, and the HK I own do not cause me to shoot high or low when getting on target with no sights. The two G21's I had caused me to shoot high into the berm when shooting off the draw and no sights, so I sold both of them. If being able to shoot well, instinctively, with your Glocks is important to you, then I would pass on the Sig. Shooting with two different grip angles isn't all it's cracked up to be, at least in my book, and having a Sig around isn't going to give me anymore peace of mind than having a Glock. If my natural point had favored the Gock and not the 1911, my signature would say "Quit messing with it and get a Glock". Some people have no problem with shooting different grip angles. I am not one of them.

Well it won't let me give you more REP but thanks for the input and good point. I just have wanted one for a while that's my only reasoning for it. I do shoot my Glocks the best that's why I have them.

(Berks County)

I would call sarco in Easton up. They always come across a box of goodies when they cleanup the warehouse.

I know they have several Korean sig clones. I got my surplus german made p228 there last year for $275.
    Emergency Medicine prevents natural selection

Quote Originally Posted by *Klutch* View Post
    Well it won't let me give you more REP but thanks for the input and good point. I just have wanted one for a while that's my only reasoning for it. I do shoot my Glocks the best that's why I have them.
    You can always take the "only live once" approach.

If you've shot a lot in the past, the Sig isn't likely to blow your skirt up, but it is a nice gun to own. The resale on them is rather high, and depending on the exact model you get, you could get a 100% return, or more, even. Where they are impressive is when you strap one in a pistol rest and make a hole at 25 yds that's just a tic bigger than what a 12 ga slug would make, and that from the plain 'ol P226. They make great plate guns, as well...one of the best rapid firing pistols out of the box that I've had the pleasure to shoot.

(Cumberland County)

It's a Sig. Stop thinking about it. Buy one already.

Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

Well I would but the $800 and up price on them is not justified just yet to me which is why I don't have it yet. My Glocks are just as impressive to me and will get the job done just the same and they are almost half the cost. I like the looks of Sigs but hate the price and just don't see where the extra cost lies.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast