Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: TOOMEY-MANCHIN AMENDMENT FAILS

NSA spies on Congress too. I'm betting Toomey and Rubio are having their nuts twisted.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Lackawanna County)

Unhappy Re: TOOMEY-MANCHIN AMENDMENT FAILS

FWIW:

I called Toomey’s DC office (202-224-4254 / 855-552-1831) about a week ago to ask about rumors that Toomey was still pushing his BG check amendment.

I was told by a staffer that Toomey is not *actively* trying to turn some of the original “nay” votes but that Manchin might be and that, if the bill comes back to the Senate floor, Toomey will continue to support his original BG check amendment.

My guess is that majority leader Harry Reed is busy in the background, twisting arms with favors and threats. If he gets the sixty votes he needs, he’ll bring the bill with the Toomey-Manchin Amendment back to the senate floor for a quick vote.

If Reed gets anything through the Senate and the House passes any form of gun control, both bills will go to conference committee, where some “compromise” will be hammered out.

The bill and amendments are still “alive” until the current congress adjourns at the end of 2014.

Default Re: TOOMEY-MANCHIN AMENDMENT FAILS

Quote Originally Posted by nepa_go View Post
    FWIW:

I called Toomey’s DC office (202-224-4254 / 855-552-1831) about a week ago to ask about rumors that Toomey was still pushing his BG check amendment.

I was told by a staffer that Toomey is not *actively* trying to turn some of the original “nay” votes but that Manchin might be and that, if the bill comes back to the Senate floor, Toomey will continue to support his original BG check amendment.

My guess is that majority leader Harry Reed is busy in the background, twisting arms with favors and threats. If he gets the sixty votes he needs, he’ll bring the bill with the Toomey-Manchin Amendment back to the senate floor for a quick vote.

If Reed gets anything through the Senate and the House passes any form of gun control, both bills will go to conference committee, where some “compromise” will be hammered out.

The bill and amendments are still “alive” until the current congress adjourns at the end of 2014.
    Toomey is a POS and needs to be primaried in 2016.
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12