Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default Meet the enemy -The NRA's Fraud: Fabricating 2A Rights

Here's another progressive useful idiot who's educated beyond his intelligence. He could not possibly have read the federalist papers or any of the various writings of the Founding Fathers on the subject and honestly arrived at his idiotic conclusion.

The sad part is that he's probably correct about the long-term viability of the right to bear arms. The progressives are in for the long-hall and with the complicit media-entertainiment-education complex inculcating the masses day in and day out, the eventuality seems all but inevitable. I guarantee my lib friends who read the Huff Post are spraining their necks nodding in glorious agreement with this clown...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/burton...b_3103358.html

Default Re: Meet the enemy -The NRA's Fraud: Fabricating 2A Rights

At least there are some enlightened people in the comments.

That column was so full of fail, I had to reply. An adjunct professor of law, no less! And full of logical fallacies that a professor should have known better. Begging the question, appeal to authority, and ???

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by BSH View Post
    That column was so full of fail, I had to reply. An adjunct professor of law, no less! And full of logical fallacies that a professor should have known better. Begging the question, appeal to authority, and ???
    I know several adjunct professors (aka: substitute teacher who cannot get hired full time). They are all educated beyond their intelligence egomaniacs who are looked upon with contempt by peers and subordinates.
    A Republic, if you can keep it.

From the article

"The Second Amendment became part of our constitution in 1791. For well over two centuries the Supreme Court never decided that the Amendment granted a constitutional right to individuals to bear arms. The widely held notion that such a right existed was a myth fabricated by the NRA for its own self interest and for the corporate profits of gun manufacturers."

This argument never made sense to me. Do people looking back at those times when the colonies went to war with their own government (England was in control) really think that the founding fathers did not think average people should own guns? If average people did not own guns back then, the rebellion would have had less of a chance to succeed.

I don't exactly remember the founding fathers going around and saying "hey guns are not for private use, give them up" or reference citizens giving up their firearms under any conditions. I think that is pretty indicative that the myth being perpetrated is that people do not have the right to bear arms and that the NRA is the one fabricating a myth. Those are the myths.

The Second Amendment became part of our constitution in 1791. For well over two centuries the Supreme Court never decided that the Amendment granted a constitutional right to individuals to bear arms. The widely held notion that such a right existed was a myth fabricated by the NRA for its own self interest and for the corporate profits of gun manufacturers.
    I can not make sense of this statement. Can he not read? "The right of the people...."

They trust this guy to teach young minds?

Many comments there from me, LOL

(Susquehanna County)

An obvious question. When was hte FIRST 2nd Amendment SCOTUS case heard and decided?

Answering my own question, Here's what I find:
    U.S. v. Cruikshank (1876),

U.S. v. Cruikshank involved members of the Ku Klux Klan depriving black victims of their basic rights such as freedom of assembly and to bear arms. The court decided that neither the First nor Second Amendments applied to the states, but were limitations on Congress. Thus the federal government had no power to correct these violations, rather the citizens had to rely on the police power of the states for their protection from private individuals.

This case is often misunderstood or quoted out of context by claiming Cruikshank held the Second Amendment does not grant a right to keep and bear arms. However, the court also said this about the First Amendment. The court explained that these rights weren't granted or created by the Constitution, they existed prior to the Constitution.

So the "first 200 years this dweeb talks about is nonsense since the 2nd A. went unquestioned during nearly all of the first 100 years. And then the first case was due to the racist intent of gun control to begin with!
    Last edited by Brick; April 18th, 2013 at 06:53 PM.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".