Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Uhaul

(Centre County)

Default Darn Uhaul...

Please Note: The poster was issued a warning for this post.

I desided to get one of their motorcycle trailer few days ago to take my Ducati with me to NY this weekend.
    I arranged with all my old friend from that god forsaken state so that we can all go riding together when I'm visiting like an old days. I thought its going to be great weekend....

Thats until this morning when I told them what kind of car i'm using to tow it.
    Appearently, they do not rent out trailers of any sort(open trailers, motorcycle trailers, moving trailers, stc...) if your using Ford Explorer to tow it. Which I was told that its steming off from days when all those stupid soccor mom's didn't know how to check tire air pressure, and fripping Explorer on highways(that was like almost 10 years ago?). Appearently some of those idiots were towing Uhaul trailers, and in despration, they sued Tire company, Ford, AND Uhaul as well. So they said "no more renting trailers to Explorer of any model" and I guess its been like this for 5 or 6 years.

So to make long story short, I had to call and cancel my riding like good ol' day weekend.

I'm annoyed
    Last edited by Mity2; April 18th, 2008 at 05:08 PM.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Chester County)

Default Re: Uhaul - WTF?!

That suxs man. I used to tow my bike trailer with my car to the Poconos. That's crazy that they won't let you use an SUV.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by SteveXD View Post
    That suxs man. I used to tow my bike trailer with my car to the Poconos. That's crazy that they won't let you use an SUV.

Its not SUV. Its just Ford Explorer of any model.
    If I had Hyndai with trailer hitch on back of it, would prolly been alright.

(Lehigh County)

I have heard of this before. I am an explorer owner and I know alot of owners that just tell them they are using an expedition and they dont even know the difference when they come pick it up.
    ~De-Animating the undead since '08~

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by spabula View Post
    I have heard of this before. I am an explorer owner and I know alot of owners that just tell them they are using an expedition and they dont even know the difference when they come pick it up.
    naw, why didn't I think of that?
    Infact, I could have just used my buddy's Dodge Ram, and pick up the trailer, and switch it over(but that would be dishonest..)

Default Re: Uhaul

Smart move when you rent you sign a contract , If anything happened you would need to explain why you switched vehicles.

(Lehigh County)

I have my own trailer, so I don't rent anything from U-haul. It's all a liability thing.
    ~De-Animating the undead since '08~

(Northampton County)

Uhaul is the worst company I have ever done business with, and I have done business with hundreds or thousands. I worked with them for ten years. They would lose payment checks, find them months later (or not), screw up their accounting on our account numerous times a year, charge legitamate late fees for payments that were truly late and never have them on the account balance (only good part).

I will never do business with them again.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by spabula View Post
    I have my own trailer, so I don't rent anything from U-haul. It's all a liability thing.

Yes I'm now leaning towords get my own now. All i need is protable(i.e. easy to store) small(only have 1 bike) that is light(6 banger on my Explorer...).

I donno if I should get trailer that is dedicated to motorcycle or those utility trailer that can handle other chores as well as haul bike...

OCing would have changed the outcome, after taking you in the backroom for a piece of "pie" he would have hooked up the trailer and given you free gas.

xdjustsayin45