Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: 10 minutes, that's all it took

When I renew my LCTF here in Westmoreland Co. it takes me longer to find a parking spot, walk to the courthouse and fill out the renewal form than to actually process the LCTF.

(Allegheny County)

Allegheny resident, GRRRRR!
    Applied middle of March. Be lucky I I see it in May.
    "Governments... derive their just powers from the consent of the governed."

Pike county Sheriff's office took 4 weeks.
    I'm a Rep Virgin

(Lackawanna County)

As screwed up as Lackawanna County is they do get that right.

...10 minutes.... she must have had people ahead of her...

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by CJR View Post
    Dang, I wish I could move........ SIGH!!
    Do the police have your neighborhood surrounded looking for a bomber?

Except in the case of some medical conditions, I never understand why people make that statement.

It seems money is why most people decide to live in a shithole.

Not a personal dig on you, but I just don't get it, never will, why people freely choose to live in a place just because they are making money.

I'd rather be happy and living in a box that miserable with money.

Ehh, whatever, to each his own

As for the Sheriff in Indiana Co, yep, right over the counter as well.

(Lehigh County)

Yeah, took the entire 5 weeks in Lehigh County (Allentown). Sucked, but well worth it. Newly LTCF as of January.

(Bedford County)

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1911 View Post
    I got mine at the Bucks County District Court. Took about 15 minutes. I handed in my form, $20, and driver's license, and waited while the deputy ran me through PICS. Then she had me walk into a room and took my picture, then printed me LTCF. Very smooth process.
    Here in Bedford County the sheriff mails the form to you when it is time for you to renew you LTCF. Fill it out, take it to the sheriff's office at the courthouse, giver the deputy the form, they run your name through the database, give them $25.00 and you have you new permit.

ORR

If any of you think of complaining about even a 5 day wait let me explain how things go in New York (and I live in an incredibly friendly, for new york, county for CCW permits)!

To start you fill out 3 copies of the exact same form, fill out a 6 10 page questionnaire including pages that you need 4 references to fill out about you and have notarized before they are sent in.
    From there and an application fee it's a good 6 month wait for most counties. When you do get your permit you are automatically given a restriction to only being able to own your firearm and have in your house, must be locked up in a safe with a key kept in a separate area. You are unable to carry ANYWHERE UNLESS you are carrying within the confines of your restrictions. Most often its a hunting /target restriction, with the occasional for employment.
    After a year of owning your permit you can file an amendment for a removal of restriction (aka full carry) and if you prove to the court you have sufficient reason to carry unrestricted they will lift it, but the burden of proof is placed on you.
    Quote from the judge when I was in the courtroom
    "This court has deemed it necessary the applicant prove they have sufficient cause for the removal of the restriction. If you ask me to define sufficient cause I cannot as I am not sure how to. We take it on a case by case basis"
    yup...be glad you live a few degrees of longitude south!.
    I just got mine in october and filed for an amendment this month (mainly for work but luckily i knew the judge and got unrestricted). Will be filing for an out of state PA license in a couple weekends since alot of my family lives in PA.

So take joy in the fact you have relatively short waits!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by RaggedEdge View Post
    Allegheny resident, GRRRRR!
    Applied middle of March. Be lucky I I see it in May.
    It took my wife and I roughly 21 days...knowing what some other counties pull, it wasn't bad.
    "A free people ought to be armed."--George Washington

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnorak View Post
    If any of you think of complaining about even a 5 day wait let me explain how things go in New York (and I live in an incredibly friendly, for new york, county for CCW permits)!

To start you fill out 3 copies of the exact same form, fill out a 6 10 page questionnaire including pages that you need 4 references to fill out about you and have notarized before they are sent in.
    From there and an application fee it's a good 6 month wait for most counties. When you do get your permit you are automatically given a restriction to only being able to own your firearm and have in your house, must be locked up in a safe with a key kept in a separate area. You are unable to carry ANYWHERE UNLESS you are carrying within the confines of your restrictions. Most often its a hunting /target restriction, with the occasional for employment.
    After a year of owning your permit you can file an amendment for a removal of restriction (aka full carry) and if you prove to the court you have sufficient reason to carry unrestricted they will lift it, but the burden of proof is placed on you.
    Quote from the judge when I was in the courtroom
    "This court has deemed it necessary the applicant prove they have sufficient cause for the removal of the restriction. If you ask me to define sufficient cause I cannot as I am not sure how to. We take it on a case by case basis"
    yup...be glad you live a few degrees of longitude south!.
    I just got mine in october and filed for an amendment this month (mainly for work but luckily i knew the judge and got unrestricted). Will be filing for an out of state PA license in a couple weekends since alot of my family lives in PA.

So take joy in the fact you have relatively short waits!

Thanks for the update. Are there no movements in your foreign land to change these draconian laws?
    Last edited by normanvin; April 29th, 2013 at 07:10 AM.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast