Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Franklin County)

Default Re: DESPERATE FOR GLOCK HELP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SigSauer226 View Post
    You could always just throw your Glock in the dishwasher, tupperware is dishwasher safe you know....
    The soap turns the bullets a funny color.

(Washington County)

I have created a Monster!... Never thought that this would cause such an argument!... After speaking with an engineer from Glock, the plug neither hinders or improves function of the firearm. The plug can crack the frame only if glued in place. Glock did plug the whole on some models (mainly 34/35 but some others). The void is there for structural integrity and rigidity for the magwell while in the mold. I then asked him if he has plugs in his firearms. He replied with a quick "yes, I find it to keep dirt, dust and other contaminants from entering".

He also stated - " do not drill, screw or expand the plug in any way as it can cause minute stress fractures ruining the frame"

I have not had a chance to remove the plug as of yet but I will update the post again when removed!

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by allglock View Post
    I hope you never have to pull the magazine out of the gun? Thats why the space is there. It is for your thumb, in case the mag has to be pulled out of the gun.
    I have had to. It was never an issue. I can strip the mag from the well with the plug in place.

I spent some time helping a glock armorer in my department as a LEO. Glock actually had sent several of the plugs to us to evaluate. Never had a single issue with function or with any mag removal during training or during competition. These guns had tens of thousands of rounds through them.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnUSCG View Post
    I have had to. It was never an issue. I can strip the mag from the well with the plug in place.

I spent some time helping a glock armorer in my department as a LEO. Glock actually had sent several of the plugs to us to evaluate. Never had a single issue with function or with any mag removal during training or during competition. These guns had tens of thousands of rounds through them.
    Hmmmm.....Glock sending plugs for evaluation...........OK

Quote Originally Posted by 1911barbershop View Post
    I have created a Monster!... Never thought that this would cause such an argument!... After speaking with an engineer from Glock, the plug neither hinders or improves function of the firearm. The plug can crack the frame only if glued in place. Glock did plug the whole on some models (mainly 34/35 but some others). The void is there for structural integrity and rigidity for the magwell while in the mold. I then asked him if he has plugs in his firearms. He replied with a quick "yes, I find it to keep dirt, dust and other contaminants from entering".

He also stated - " do not drill, screw or expand the plug in any way as it can cause minute stress fractures ruining the frame"

I have not had a chance to remove the plug as of yet but I will update the post again when removed!
    My 34and35s are not plugged. I bet you spoke to some newbie at Glock. Good luck talking to an engineer!
    You have already expanded the frame, by jamming the plug up the hole! You are worried about drilling a tiny hole?

(Philadelphia County)

Drill and pull for sure. Use the smallest tap and I don't see any problems. You could also add some lube to it to help it a little more.
    "No, I am not a great shot, but I shoot often" - Teddy Roosevelt

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lee-online View Post
    I removed one by taking off the slide and removing the trigger bar/ mechanism and pushed out the plug from the top . . .

^^^ THIS ^^^

Put down the drill and step away.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by allglock View Post
    Hmmmm.....Glock sending plugs for evaluation...........OK

I'm supposing they were for evaluation. They came from Glock with the guns.

(Lancaster County)

yes just yank the fcg out and go at it with a punch or rod from the top of the hole.
    I have had surprisingly few homeless people hire me. - GunLawyer001

I don't know if these ideas are possible without seeing what you're working with, but if the plug is still sticking out of the bottom of the frame could you drill through it from the side? That would allow you to put something through it like a drill bit or punch to give you a 'handle' so you can pull on it. I would think drilling through the side would reduce the risk splitting the frame compared to drilling the bottom of the plug. Alternatively, if the plug is hollow and still sticking out far enough could you carefully saw off the bottom of the plug with a Dremel disk or something? Then you could bend one of the sides in making the 'diameter' smaller allowing it to be removed. Just a couple of thoughts I had.
    “A Republic, if you can keep it.” - Benjamin Franklin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123