Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Would you choose a shield 9mm over a G19?

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    Well...there's a Shield for that too......the .45.......and it rocks
    I fondled one at Cabelas. Even with the 7-round mag the grip was too short for my wide hands. A gov't 1911 with magwell (think S&A) still leaves meat hanging off the back but at least accommodates my pinky in front. Couple that with the loss of a couple inches of sight radius and a pound or so of recoil absorption and the Shield would be relegated to less than a range toy for me.

Options are good...

(Delaware County)

I carry a Ruger LC9 most days. The Shield being about the same size should work well for me. Just need to get the right holster. To answer the question, I did choose the Shield over the Glock 19 as I don't have any Glocks. I have a Sig P320C in that size firearm.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    I fondled one at Cabelas. Even with the 7-round mag the grip was too short for my wide hands. A gov't 1911 with magwell (think S&A) still leaves meat hanging off the back but at least accommodates my pinky in front. Couple that with the loss of a couple inches of sight radius and a pound or so of recoil absorption and the Shield would be relegated to less than a range toy for me.

Options are good...
    You would be shocked how accurate and easy to shoot it is. Can't help ya with the Hand thing
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Berks County)

Options are good...
    Holy heck, Sgt.BearPaw. I hope your a tall man, or I'm picturing Mickey Mouse.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Holy heck, Sgt.BearPaw. I hope your a tall man, or I'm picturing Mickey Mouse.
    My hands are the lower end of a medium glove in length, and upper end of a large in width. Been cracking walnuts bare-handed since my teens. Plus, short fingers = single stack.

Not tall (5'8"), but wide - need turn my shoulders sideways thru my 24" bathroom door - and, unfortunately, deep at the beltline. I could stand to lose a 5th grader.

Harder finding gloves that fit than guns...

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Yes. That's just crazy. I can't stand carrying my Colt Pony IWB any more - I can't imagine what size pants I'd need to upsize to in order to fit a 1911 or Glock plus a holster INSIDE my waistband. GAWD that would be uncomfortable.

I seriously doubt the Shield will be an IWB gun either, but I'll know when I get it.
    EM. I got a set of hearing aids about a year and a half ago. Hated them, felt uncomfortable, bothersome yadayada.
    The sales girl said I should make myself wear them every waking moment for a few weeks to a month.
    It worked. They still don't work to my expectations, but are not as uncomfortable now that I'm used to them.

Yes, there's a message coming. Ha.

I am sitting at the computer with G19 IWB and never give it a thought (aside from taking it off while going into the post office).
    It takes time to adjust to the feel.
    I carry the Glock 19 / 23 / 32 in a Blade Tech IWB and my Kahr in a leather IWB Mitch Rosen Clipper. (both around $60 IIRC)
    It took some time to get used to but like the way the grip is pretty close to my body.

The Shield trigger took a couple mags to get used to and I had a couple surprise breaks that really were a surprise. Ha.
    Looks like it'll do for my son and daughter.
    I ran it today maybe half a box each in her Shield and LCP. I'll run it another couple hundred rounds to make sure all 3 mags function ok for the shield and the 2 LCP mags as well.

I'd like to shoot my buddy's Sig 938 to see how I like that but they are in the $700 range.

This Shield does fit my hand almost perfectly but no, I wouldn't switch to the Shield as my carry piece.
    Last edited by 27hand; June 28th, 2017 at 05:05 PM.
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Lancaster County)

Lots of extra words in the replies if we could actually do what you asked if us. Here's my correct reply to your post......NO.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Berks County)

My hands are the lower end of a medium glove in length, and upper end of a large in width. Been cracking walnuts bare-handed since my teens. Plus, short fingers = single stack.

Not tall (5'8"), but wide - need turn my shoulders sideways thru my 24" bathroom door - and, unfortunately, deep at the beltline. I could stand to lose a 5th grader.

Harder finding gloves that fit than guns...
    I hate gloves with "extra" finger. I'm a medium glove with shorter fingers. M&P compact fit me better than shields do but shield fits ok.

(Susquehanna County)

Depends on the length of grip on the Shield. I gave up my G19 because in competition use quick magazine changes always ended up with the heel of my hand black & blue. I know use a G17, even though the barrel is a bit longer. Come to think of a "Commander" type G17.5 would be nice with a G17 frame mated to a G17 slide and barrel assembly.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by bripro View Post
    Lots of extra words in the replies if we could actually do what you asked if us. Here's my correct reply to your post......NO.
    Since the question was posed more than four years ago I think we've moved beyond the need for a simple yes/no and are now in the "let's discuss this" portion of the thread.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast