Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Angry Scott Wagner support Toomey/Manchin

FYI!

Received this e mail from Scott Wagner (Penn Waste). Seems like he should have done a bit more research before sending this e mail. He supports Toomey/Manchin background checks. Why didn't they talk to a few other gun owners?

His web site: http://www.scottrwagner.com/

Greetings,

Last week Senator Pat Toomey (R-Pa.) and Senator Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) unveiled a proposal that would expand background checks for gun purchases.

The purpose of this email is to show my support for this legislation proposed by these two senators.

The comments contained in this email are my opinions. I am the owner of multiple handguns, I grew up on a farm and I hunted as a teenager.

I do not hunt today, but I do own guns for protection purposes.

Last week I had a conversation with our political affairs manager, Amanda Davidson, regarding the gun control issue.

Since neither of us fully understood the current regulations and laws in place in PA regarding the purchase of guns, I suggested to Amanda that she take time this week to visit a gun dealer and ask questions on the procedures to purchase guns so that we are more educated on this issue.

Scott:

Per your request, Joel and I went to a local, respected gun store yesterday to do some research on the process of buying a gun. Since I have been thinking about purchasing a hand gun for some time now, I decided to actually buy one while we were there.

After deciding which type of gun I wanted, I had to fill out two forms. Both forms required personal contact information; however, the second form I filled out was a little longer and required that I answer some personal questions about my mental health history. In total, it took me about 10 minutes to fill out both forms.

After the forms were filled out, an automated background check was completed by telephone with the Pennsylvania State Police. Within 5 minutes, I was approved to buy the gun.

In my opinion, I was shocked at how easy it was to purchase a gun. Other than the background check, I’m not sure how anyone would have known whether I was lying about my mental health history. I was also surprised that I was not required to list my social security number on the forms; it was listed as “Optional Information.

Within 45 minutes of entering the store, I walked out with a hand gun.

-Amanda

As recently as Friday morning, I had a conversation with a municipal official and during the conversation he asked me what my position was on gun control.

I stated that I thought background checks were critical.

He agreed.

He stated that he didn’t like a federal mandate – which I agreed with – if each state has a thorough system in place to perform background checks.

I went on to explain that at Penn Waste when hiring CDL drivers we have to perform pre-hire drug tests, Motor Vehicle Records checks (Driving history) and are required to send to the current or past employer of the interviewing driver to verify that there was not a positive drug test while employed. The regulations when hiring CDL drivers are all federally mandated.

If you have mental health issues, past or present, or have a criminal record, you should not be allowed to own guns. People who do not have these issues should be allowed to own guns. It’s that simple.

In two separate polls conducted by the Washington Post and New York Times, results show that over 90% of Americans want expanded background checks on all types of gun sales.

This is a hotly debated issue that is very complex. I realize that there is a whole other side to this argument that needs to be addressed regarding how our society handles mental health illness.

However, those issues and perceptions cannot be changed overnight. Doing background checks at gun shows and for online sales is a common sense solution that can be implemented immediately.

Something has to be done regarding gun ownership issues. Click here for a link to Senator Toomey’s website and the full explanation of this proposed legislation.

I applaud Senator Toomey and Senator Manchin for taking a leadership position to start the process to address this critically important issue.

Thank you,

Scott R. Wagner

Hokkmike Guest

Default Re: Scott Wagner support Toomey/Manchin

Quote Originally Posted by NRA Member View Post

In my opinion, I was shocked at how easy it was to purchase a gun. Other than the background check, I’m not sure how anyone would have known whether I was lying about my mental health history. I was also surprised that I was not required to list my social security number on the forms; it was listed as “Optional Information.
    What more does she want? It doesn't have to take longer, require more information, or be more complicated to be efficacious.

(Dauphin County)

Sounds like two more clueless people that don't have a clue on what problem they are trying to solve. Are they just trying to stop gun ownership or prevent people from being killed? Do they think that all shootings are being committed by honest gun owners with legally obtained firearms. There isn't anything in this bill (or any others I have seen or heard about) that would stop any of these events.

So a person buys a firearm when they are 21 years old, what happens to that person over the next 10 0r 20 years? I don't think that many marriages last that long. So when the left figures out this isn't working, the next thing will be to push for yearly renewals of the background check!

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_W View Post
    Sounds like two more clueless people that don't have a clue on what problem they are trying to solve. Are they just trying to stop gun ownership or prevent people from being killed? Do they think that all shootings are being committed by honest gun owners with legally obtained firearms. There isn't anything in this bill (or any others I have seen or heard about) that would stop any of these events.

So a person buys a firearm when they are 21 years old, what happens to that person over the next 10 0r 20 years? I don't think that many marriages last that long. So when the left figures out this isn't working, the next thing will be to push for yearly renewals of the background check!

Bob
    Which, of course, will do nothing because the criminals who stole their guns or bought them from other criminals never got a background check anyways...so nothing to renew. But the antis don't care...it shows they are doing SOMETHING!

Even if it does nothing.

[QUOTE]In my opinion, I was shocked at how easy it was to purchase a gun. Other than the background check, I’m not sure how anyone would have known whether I was lying about my mental health history. I was also surprised that I was not required to list my social security number on the forms; it was listed as “Optional Information.”[/QUOTE]

so this is what i did wrong being to honest i filled in "optional information". i am going to try this again this time not filling in "optional information" . saves money on lawyers and court cost and doctors. or ill save even more money by going to the to the food store and purchase salt and use tap water and electricity and make hydrogen. the gas can be contained.

hmm

hell the use of language how it programs the mind to think one way or another.

we can not see or read each others thought we can only read and understand only what is said written and or verbally.

well this was educational.

Bob
    Bob What events? "any of these events"

(Lancaster County)

I like comparing the privalage of a drivers lic. with the right to bear arms.

(Dauphin County)

"wake up people" wrote: Bob What events? "any of these events"
    Easy; the "events" would be the mass murders and others used by the anti-gun people to push their agenda. Ones like: Sandy, Hook, Colorado, VA Tech, Gifford, etc..

Bob

(Delaware County)

So I gather trying to tackle the mental health issue is too difficult, so we'll just stick it to the law bidding gunowners which does nothing to curb gun violence.

Typical guy that owns a gun and knows nothing about gun rights. He thinks none of this will effect him, so ''why not''! What a dork.

Unfortunatly, we have millions of people that call themselves gun owners and are clueless. They buy a gun, shoot 20 rounds through it and stick it in closet and think they are pro gun. These people make me puke.

I've never voted democrat in my life. I will vote against Toomey in the next election. At least I know what I'll be getting.
    I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning.[

R.I.P......Murphy.

(Dauphin County)

Leave it to a politician to think that some regulation is simply not arduous and tied up in red tape enough. To think that something being regulated could possibly work in a semblance of a reasonable pace and those people simply didn't waste enough time filling out ridiculous paperwork and waiting for some operator on the end of the line to give the gooberment go-ahead.

$&@! Him.

[QUOTE Bob_W ]Easy; the "events" would be the mass murders and others used by the anti-gun people to push

their agenda. Ones like: Sandy, Hook, Colorado, VA Tech, Gifford, etc..[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE SauerGrapes ]So I gather trying to tackle the mental health issue is too difficult, so we'll just stick

it to the law bidding gunowners which does nothing to curb gun violence.
    [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE Totez]those people simply didn't waste enough time filling out ridiculous paperwork and waiting[/QUOTE]

Totez who are those people?

Super Grapes i am trying to show the ground work of how mental health and guns are happening as to prevent

another mass shooting or if not pevent at least people to realize how and why and what goes on to have the mass

shooting accure.

Thank you bob hopefully this could result in THE answer to why the shooting and mass

killing are happening and possible better ideas on how to correct the problem

yes bob there are a number of ways to correct the shooting problems and mass murder and anti gun crap as

mentioned . the problem is not a Fire arm at all but in what is happening in mental health hospital-laws-

congress and so on not so much mental health but what people are reading and at the same time saying and then

doing after a release FROM A "MENTAL HOSPITAL" . Most time be it for A violent act TO happen IN MENTAL HEALTH

a number of events take place. both verbal or sometimes even physical. most people think mental health and

guns in the event the 2 are ever broken into separate things then a firearm itself would not be in question.

First understand how i am and i could give a crap less about guns i self taught myself how to build explosives

as a child. i am self educated(for the most part) I also laughed as a judge told me "your incompetent"

(involuntary to incompetent) and all i simply said prior to that when a judge asked me do you know why your

here? i simple looked(eyes) around a room and said yep i "guess" because i am sick(saved me from being abused as a

child at home 14 DAY VACATION) . me i do not get to offended BY name calling by people for i am very happy to

be who and what i am and how i am AND WHAT I KNOW AND DO.

the attack i used on a judge was nothing more than this.

Amendment V (1791)

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a

presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the

Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be

subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any

criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or

property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public

use, without just compensation.

notice--person--person--himself

Why does the language in the fifth amendment identify an individual person as himself

why not one self

so later on we can also see this goes against the 28th amendment of the pa Constitution

(this also opens up loop holes and the shootings)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast