Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Philadelphia lost M16 full auto

So Philadelphia police lost a M16 full auto. Will they be charged with Lost and stolen? Yes/no? Can a citizen bring charges against them for violating the law?

(Chester County)

Default Re: Philadelphia lost M16 full auto

Can you cite a source please?
    "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." — Thomas Paine

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by ATBackpackin View Post
    Can you cite a source please?
    http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/d...ic-weapon.html
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Monroe County)

Wow, Just WOW! In the Army we had monthy invetories by serial numbers, all waepons locked in a rack, minimum four wracks locked together with chain, locked in an equipment cage inside a vault. You had to be on the access roster and all inventories were done with teh hand recipt holders to prevent fudging. Whomever is incharge of their facilities needs to lose his/her job, I never heard of storing weapons in crates behnd a deadbolt and no physical inventories done monthly. Oh and that piss poor excuse of MAYBE the original count was off is a sign that someone needs to be fired.
    I am really glad that TRAINED PROFFESSIONALS are in charge of these weapons, I can imagine how many real or imagined weapons would be on the streets if someone that wasn't highy trained in their use and accountability wasn't safeguarding them

This could just be me, but I guess they have no idea about physical inventories and not using the same person to inventory each cycle. Damn idiots.....

(Delaware County)

Holy hell why are they making such a big deal on a old lost gun it's all over the news sites..

The End of Josiah's Railroad, Pennsylvania
    (Luzerne County)

Ramsey has ordered an audit of every weapon in the department and is changing the locks to the storage room in the wake of the incident. There were no surveillance cameras on the vault, but Ramsey said he is having cameras installed now, though he noted "that's a day late and a dollar short."]
    They noticed it during a regularly scheduled audit on rifles received in 2009, and said that it is possible that the original inventory may have been wrong. That suggests that this was the first audit on them in 4 years. Considering most security tape systems are erased every 30 days and the digital recording systems surely have a limit on how much they can store, I don't see it as very likely that a camera system would have helped in this case.

Though it is certainly a good idea for them to keep surveillance on their weapons vault and evidence locker anyway.

(Monroe County)

I wonder how many rubber ducks are sitting in those crates that are inventoried as real weapons, just saying....

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan22 View Post
    Holy hell why are they making such a big deal on a old lost gun it's all over the news sites..
    Thousands of children could be killed if this thing gets out "on the streets." By sundown.

(Beaver County)

an we the people need our guns controled ? JESUS !

(Delaware County)

The real question is why do they feel the need to own ~1500ish M16s when I'm not allowed to? Who's invading Philadelphia? Personally I trust myself with my family's protection a lot more than a bunch of incompetent/corrupt morons who can't even put the gun back on the rack.

And I do love the irony of Nutter and Ramsey campaigning nationally to get semi auto "weapons of war" off our streets when their department is up and losing actual weapons of war.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast