Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default March on Washington

I am wondering why no one has planned a march on Washington. If the President can bring in the family members to run around the capitol why do we not counter his action. Hell, we would have a lot more people to fight for our rights.
    We would have to spread the word wide and organize something quickly.

Talk is cheap. Stand up and be counted.
    WHO IS ON BOARD?

Default Re: March on Washington

Quote Originally Posted by gunowersmarch View Post
    I am wondering why no one has planned a march on Washington. If the President can bring in the family members to run around the capitol why do we not counter his action. Hell, we would have a lot more people to fight for our rights.
    We would have to spread the word wide and organize something quickly.

Talk is cheap. Stand up and be counted.
    WHO IS ON BOARD?
    I believe a lot of people are preparing for something of the nature. Lots of talk about the SHingTF. That'd be one of those times.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Montgomery County)

It should be an ARMED march. What could they - or anyone do - if a couple of hundred thousand armed "protestors" suddenly appeared outside the Capitol building?

Quote Originally Posted by MRMATT View Post
    It should be an ARMED march. What could they - or anyone do - if a couple of hundred thousand armed "protestors" suddenly appeared outside the Capitol building?
    If our senators and representatives don't get some nuts, soon, it may well come to that.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Lackawanna County)

Wink Re: March on Washington

What do you think they bought 1.6 billion rounds of ammo for?

(Centre County)

Ha. I have a few ideas... Army? Marines? National Guard? Yeah..not much they could do
    Hunting is NOT a 2nd Amendment Activity

Well regulated militia?

(Lancaster County)

We don't need to march to show politicians. That has accomplished nothing and will accomplish nothing. What we need to do is speak up for ourselves among society in everyday life. Turn the culture back against the anti gun political establishment. Protests mean nothing, they just make us look stupid. Real work is done on lunch breaks at work, in the bleachers at high school atheletic events, checkout lines in grocery stores, coffee after church, etc. THAT is where we need to show ourselves by the millions. Weekend rah-rahing is what the gun owners in NY do, and look what that gets them.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Lebanon County)

There once was a million man march, so why not!
    Brian - US Navy Retired - If you aren't having fun doing it, find something else to do.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
    We don't need to march to show politicians. That has accomplished nothing and will accomplish nothing. What we need to do is speak up for ourselves among society in everyday life. Turn the culture back against the anti gun political establishment. Protests mean nothing, they just make us look stupid. Real work is done on lunch breaks at work, in the bleachers at high school atheletic events, checkout lines in grocery stores, coffee after church, etc. THAT is where we need to show ourselves by the millions. Weekend rah-rahing is what the gun owners in NY do, and look what that gets them.
    QFT

One thing I found at the anti rallies is that many of the people there are misinformed. My schtick is to ask them if they know the facts about gun laws, and they never really do. A woman at the Philadelphia rally last week was very surprised to learn that background checks are performed for every single handgun transaction and all but a few private long gun transactions at gun shows. She had been led to believe that gun shows are wide open anything goes criminal fests.

Another tried to be clever with me. She asked if a gun shoots by itself. I played along and told her no. She goes on to say that shootings involve someone having a gun and pulling the trigger. I agreed. She then said if the gun wasn't there, nobody would have been shot. I countered with, "If the convicted felon who pulled the trigger was in jail, nobody would have been shot." She got all huffy and walked away. According to script, she is supposed to say, "We can't afford that", but I think she realized that wasn't going to fly either. I was expecting her to tell me next that lions molt. I run rings 'round them logically. It's like outwitting a 2 year old.

I would really like to see a well publicized MSM truthful report of gun law facts without any opinion or spin by either side.
    Last edited by Gripsafety; April 16th, 2013 at 09:45 AM. Reason: remove redundant sentence
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast