Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Lynne Abraham to Michael Nutter: Gun Laws Unconstitutional, Will Not Enforce

Lynne was asked directly by a City Councilperson if she would enforce the laws, and she answered quite simply, "Nope."

I don't like Lynne Abraham one bit, but I respect her for sticking to the rule of law.

http://www.kyw1060.com/City-s-New-Gu...la--DA/2006537
    Last edited by King 5.45; April 15th, 2008 at 02:21 PM. Reason: inclusion of URL from source

(Berks County)

Default Re: Lynne Abraham to Michael Nutter: Gun Laws Unconstitutional, Will Not Enforce

I've got to wonder what nutjob did to piss Lynne off. She can be very strong in her opinions when she thinks she is right, and this time I actually think that she is right.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Lynne Abraham to Michael Nutter: Gun Laws Unconstitutional, Will Not Enforce

Doesn't he appoint her, or is she elected?

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    Doesn't he appoint her, or is she elected?
    the DA in allegheny county is elected. i think it is the same in philly, but maybe not.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
    the DA in allegheny county is elected. i think it is the same in philly, but maybe not.
    Philly D.A. is an elected position

Marry you, and ruin it all ? I say let's play in sin. ~Michele
    Do ya like warm oil massages ?~Me
    As long as it's gun oil.~Michele

(Philadelphia County)

Nutter must be pissed.

Seriously though, she would be insane to back his illegal laws.

(Philadelphia County)

i actually signed up to post this, but when i was registering, someone already did.

so... i don't want to derail this, but hi.

now if only nutter would be prosecuted under the UFA...

(Philadelphia County)

Post Re: Lynne Abraham to Michael Nutter: Gun Laws Unconstitutional, Will Not Enforce

its about time she got her head out of nutters ass and actually realized what the hell he is doing. i bet nutter is throwing a tantrum and crying like a little two yr old. oh so sad HA HA HA HA

(Montgomery County)

Apparently Nutter didn't do as much homework as he claims he did to ensure the legality of these new laws if he can't even convince the DA to prosecute.

Well played by the PA Legislature, too. Nutter was looking for a fight and they just ignored him. Now he's got the DA, the police and the citizens of Philly ignoring him as well. Great show of leadership there, Nutter.

What are you going to waste the city's time and money on next? Hopefully you have now learned that it takes more than showmanship and grandstanding to solve the entrenched systemic problems of Philadelphia.

D.A.: New Gun Laws Cannot Be Upheld

PHILADELPHIA (CBS 3) ― Philadelphia District Attorney Lynne Abraham said charges made under controversial gun legislation signed into law by Mayor Michael Nutter without the approval of the state will not be upheld.

During a City Council meeting Tuesday, Abraham stated she admired the efforts of City Council and the Mayor, but added she could not approve criminal charges stemming from arrests under the five new laws instated last week.

"Because these laws appear to me, as an attorney looking at the laws of Pennsylvania, to be preemptive, they are, on their face, illegal acts," Abraham said.

The new legislation included a ban on assault rifles, a limit on handgun purchases, a requirement all stolen guns must be reported within 24 hours and the ability for police to confiscated firearms from those considered to be a risk.

Mayor Nutter said he has talked to the District Attorney about the legislation and hopes to move forward.

"I'm hopeful, through our law department and the research we've done, that we might be able to demonstrate to the district attorney that these bills are defensible," Mayor Nutter said.

Abraham said a 1996 ruling upheld a 1974 law stating that Philadelphia does not have the authority to pass its own gun control legislation.

(© MMVIII, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.)
    Last edited by Vortex; April 15th, 2008 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Formatting
    Vortex

"The United States is a nation of laws, . . . . badly written and randomly enforced." - generally attributed to Frank Zappa

(Luzerne County)

Finally a DA with BALLS......
    Hooray for her

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast