Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default what shall we work on next now that castle doctrine is law?

I'd say we should work on constitutional carry. Many of the problems could be eliminated (sheriff's denying you for petty stuff, getting in trouble if you stop somewhere while transporting your firearm without a license, having to have a license to carry in Philadelphia, and etc.) if we went back to what our constitution says.

what say you?
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Chester County)

Default Re: what shall we work on next now that castle doctrine is law?

NATIONAL RECIPROCITY

HR 822

(Lehigh County)

Elect a Repubican President

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjs18 View Post
    I'd say we should work on constitutional carry. Many of the problems could be eliminated (sheriff's denying you for petty stuff, getting in trouble if you stop somewhere while transporting your firearm without a license, having to have a license to carry in Philadelphia, and etc.) if we went back to what our constitution says.

what say you?

I think that would be great.

Now that I have some time, I can concentrate with you guys in helping get this passed if it sounds like we can all agree.

I gotta say, out of all the states I have lived in, you PA gun owners really know how to band together and get things done.

There's nothing worse than being an active proponent of a cause, yet everyone around you shrugs their shoulders and doesnt want to get their hands dirty.
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

(Northumberland County)

Let's work on all of them.

Pertaining to another post concerning storage of firearms in vehicles on private property, I support the concept 100%. My job leaves me driving home at 2:00 AM. Suppose I have a flat tire or break down along the way. I then become a vulnerable target. This is around the same time that most bars close which increases the chance of being confronted by someone who is under the influence. Several of my neighbors fit this description and two of them have actually threatened me in the last year. Even if the drive is uneventful the nuts could easily be waiting for me in the bushes while I'm trying to unlock the front door. You said you don't support any legislation that would remove any freedoms but by opposing this concept you are IMO denying folks the right to defend themselves (or at least making it so difficult to exercise that right that most will not do what's necessary to comply). If the property owner wishes to deny me carrying a firearm on my person thats his right but the inside of my truck is my Castle just the same as my home. What I keep in it is my business. It cannot be searched without my permission or a warrant. At a minimum I'd like to see legal storage in business parking lots. Particularly those that invite public parking such as patients and visitors at the hospital or customers at the retail store or restaurant

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by XCIX View Post
    NATIONAL RECIPROCITY

HR 822

This is what I would like to see.
    Since I go to NY Monday,Thursday, and Saturday.
    NJ Tuesday, and Friday. And not being able to defend oneself in either of the communist states. Well you get the picture. Also would be less headaches when I have to go to Fla. to see my mother and inlaws.
    The day we lose our will to fight is the day we lose our freedom.

(York County)

I say Constitutional Carry, with an optional LTCF for use as reciprocity with other states (say, states where you need a home-state license). And not just Constitutional Open Carry, but Constitutional Any-type-of-carry. I should be able to carry however I see fit without needing to ask the state's permission.

As for the employer's parking lot legislation (and maybe I should find the thread on that one), I think the solution is to have legislation saying that employers cannot be held responsible for what people keep in their vehicles. I think that's where most of the banning of firearms in employee's parked cars comes from - fear of being sued because the employer didn't prohibit someone from keeping firearms in their car. The denial of liberty and property rights goes both ways, so instead have the legislation make not denying (in effect, "allowing") firearm storage in a vehicle not criminally or civilly punishable.

(Berks County)

The FOAC is already working with legislators on other efforts. Not only was HB40 signed yesterday, but many of the FOAC members who attended spent the morning lobbying legislators to support new initiatives. The initiatives I'm aware of are (I don't recall the bill numbers and haven't read the bills thoroughly yet, but I believe WhiteFeather has already posted about them):

- Preemption : a bill which will make municipalities and counties civilly liable if they choose to illegally enforce an ordinance which violates state preemption.

- Transport : a bill which will remove the requirement to have a LTCF to OC in a car, as well as remove the restrictions regarding transport without a license.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Allegheny County)

Question Re: what shall we work on next now that castle doctrine is law?

Open (slung) rifle carry - like Switzerland!!!

Now I know it sounds flippant, if not ludicrous, but bear with me for a minute.

The anti's come up with the most STUPID ideas, like, arbitrary magazine capacities, banning of flash hiders, making rifles harder to grip by banning pistol grips (CA), or allowing you to have OLD mags & receivers, but NOT newer versions of the EXACT SAME THING (NY) - all things which are so random & incoherent, as to make us NORMAL people say... "WHUH?!?!?"

Why do we have to sit back and endure THEIR craziness, when WE get castigated for trying to "legalize common sense," like Castle Doctrine?!?! They throw out loony crap like an erupting volcano, and yet we put all OUR eggs in one basket, and work for YEARS to TRY & get that ONE THING passed, while they get 50 pieces of legislative CRAP passed in the SAME time frame!

First of all, the Swiss have already shown us (the Israelies, too, but I want to stick to the more innocuous-looking Swiss, for the moment. Save the Israeli argument for the heat of battle, as it were...) that it can be done safely for CENTURIES, AND, in "modern times" (no 'Constitutional bear hunters' they!!! ).

Why NOT push back on the hoplophobes (particularly the yellow-spined elected sorts), and throw a BLIZZARD of good (albeit, surely different than the 'usual' CCW or Castle Doctrine laws getting passed around the country) new proposals like THIS at them, and put THEM on the defensive, for ONCE!?!?!

(Bradford County)

Quote Originally Posted by 15Truckman View Post
    I say Constitutional Carry, with an optional LTCF for use as reciprocity with other states (say, states where you need a home-state license). And not just Constitutional Open Carry, but Constitutional Any-type-of-carry. I should be able to carry however I see fit without needing to ask the state's permission.

As for the employer's parking lot legislation (and maybe I should find the thread on that one), I think the solution is to have legislation saying that employers cannot be held responsible for what people keep in their vehicles. I think that's where most of the banning of firearms in employee's parked cars comes from - fear of being sued because the employer didn't prohibit someone from keeping firearms in their car. The denial of liberty and property rights goes both ways, so instead have the legislation make not denying (in effect, "allowing") firearm storage in a vehicle not criminally or civilly punishable.
    i agree with that right there, if someone has passed the required background check, there should be no need to apply for a separate license to carry said firearm CC or OC.

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast