Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Troopers pulling over folks on way to rally

Quote Originally Posted by HUHwhat View Post
    Same here. I saw a tomahawk cruise escalade missile on wheels flying right up the left lane as I was changing lanes, and it passed by me quickly. About 10 minutes later I saw it pulled over by a cop. Whoever that was is a jerk off unless they needed to poop real badly or they had an emergency.
    I don't always feel schadenfreude, but when I do, it's about jerks.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/...-the-World.jpg
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    There's enough evidence standing there wearing a badge. That's all that is needed in traffic court. Now if the officewr doesn't show up, then there's a lack of evidence.
    I don't know how it is with the PSP. I assume they go to the county court that they wrote the ticket in.

In Philadelphia your first stop is Philadelphia Traffic Court (which is in the process of being dismantled) where at the first listing a representative reads the comments that the officer wrote. The officer is not called to this.

If you are found guilty, you can appeal to a higher court where the officer is subpoenaed to testify. And yes if they fail to appeal it is usually a not guilty.

(York County)

[QUOTE=Carson;2373638]I don't know how it is with the PSP. I assume they go to the county court that they wrote the ticket in....QUOTE]

Close, you go to the District Magistrate where the ticket was written. I fought one from the far west end of the turnpike ... once!

(Wayne County)

What good ever comes fromgoing to NJ? My mom lives in Hamilton Beach NY and my mother-in-law lives in Cranbury NJ. I cringe every time I have to cross the river. I see my mom once a year and if weren't for my mother-in-law being sick I'd never cross the river again. As for the troopers, when I use to work over here I'd see themm all the time in wolf packs. They would work an area over for 30 minutes and then disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    I don't always feel schadenfreude, but when I do, it's about jerks.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/...-the-World.jpg
    Phil please clean out your inbox, tried to message you

Andrew

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    There's enough evidence standing there wearing a badge. That's all that is needed in traffic court. Now if the officewr doesn't show up, then there's a lack of evidence.
    I hope this is sarcasm.

Cops lie all the time, radar malfunctions, equipment fails to be calibrated properly etc... You are still innocent until proven guilty.

Hokkmike Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nullifidian View Post
    I know I was 5 under because I was on cruise control going 60. Posted limit is 65.

I was given a ticket for 79 which is preposterous.

The whole process went as follows:

1) I got pulled over.
    2) Trooper sat in his vehicle for a good 5 minutes.
    3) Trooper comes up to my passenger side. I asked what was wrong. He asked where I was going. I told him I wasn't late or in a hurry if that's what he was concerned about. He asked if I had any weapons. Since we were going to NJ and I didn't have any in the car I answered truthfully: "No" despite the fact that he has no right to know.
    4) Trooper went back to his vehicle. He stayed there a good 15 minutes, I looked at the clock.
    5) Trooper came back and asked again if I had any weapons. I again said no. He then said he was giving me a ticket for speeding. I told him I was going 60 with cruise control on. I told him I could even show him my trip meter which showed top speed for the trip.
    6) He said he was giving me a ticket for 79mph and went through a spiel about having 10 days to mail in the ticket or they'll put a warrant out for my arrest. Essentially ignoring anything I was saying. He told me I could pull back onto the road and to "be careful".

There was no rhyme or reason to the cars they were pulling over. Middle lane, right lane, left lane, most speeding, but only just barely (e.g. 70mph). Some were clearly not.

WTF other reason could they possibly have for such haphazard behavior? None of the drivers I saw pulled over were driving aggressively. Only 1 car that was pulled over was speeding appreciably (I'd estimate 75-80). The rest were either not speeding at all or going only slightly over the limit.

So why were they doing that? Why did they ask me not once but twice about weapons in my car? Why did they care where I was going?

My phone had GPS on, I looked later and it confirmed exactly what my speedometer had said; 60mph. My trip indicator on the car said 60mph. So why pull me over?

Anyone have any other reason? A better reason? The only thing that makes any sense to me is the 2A rally.
    I assume that you are going to fight this in court, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Hokkmike View Post
    I assume that you are going to fight this in court, right?
    You are correct in that assumption.

However I have less than zero faith in our justice system, ESPECIALLY traffic court.

(Bucks County)

Where did you get pulled over? 78 & 22 split just prior to the PA Turnpike.

On Saturday afternoon 3:30 PM I saw a PA State Trooper shooting radar onto cars on 78 from Rt 309 where 78 goes under 309. In fact the PA trooper was sitting on the northbound Rt 309 bridge with his car facing south as if he were driving against traffic. 309 is two lanes on this bridge, he was sitting on the shoulder, drivers side looking east with left hand operating radar on cars traveling on 78. His lights were on, so we could see him but I don't think it was very safe.

(Berks County)

How do you use your speed control data to fight a ticket? Is there a way to download it for use in a case like this?

Oh, and I'm sorry, but doing 60 in a 65, a speed that makes people swerve and lane change to get around you, is dangerous.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast