Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Exclamation Classifieds Suggestion for the IGNORANT POSTER

Could we get a "DUMB ANSWER, RETHINK BEFORE SENDING" button put in the PM's so that people's ignorant, moronic PM's will be denied before they're sent and we have to waste precious seconds or minutes of our lives we'll never get back reading them?

I've got an listing in the classifieds for 6 different kinds of .223 JHP premium ammo. I get this response from a member (whom I'm assuming he's probably 21 or older, because he is on a firearms forum):

"I am looking for .223 brass case ammo"

When I respond to him:
    "Wow, could you be ANY MORE VAGUE with your question? I mean, did you even read the listing??? I'm looking for .223 brass cased ammo as well; FMJ, not JHP. Really..."

I get this response:
    "Ok how about this go f--k yourself .Stick it up your a--" (not censored, or course)

So in essence, he thinks I'm the DOUCHE ROCKET when his post is utterly ridiculous? I mean, I'd have to kick MY OWN ASS if I sent that post.

I'm not sure whether to laugh or to cry when I think of the sad state of affairs our country has become... <face palm>
    Feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/57629-amc58.html
    NRA Endowment Life Member

(Mercer County)

Default Re: Classifieds Suggestion for the IGNORANT POSTER

Whoever wrote that responded about the same way I would have. But then again, I've always subscribed to the "if you act like an asshole I'm gonna treat you like an asshole" school of thought.

There should be a similar button for posting threads. This one wouldn't have made the cut.
    Last edited by sprrdhawk44; April 14th, 2013 at 05:18 PM.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

you dont like my pm now you are calling me out?

ill give you my address

google maps me and we can fight

edit: before i get an infraction for instigating i am being sarcastic and i was not the person who pm'd the op. i know some of the pms we get are ridiculous but calling some nameless person out in a complaining thread isnt the answer either.
    Last edited by gummy jones; April 14th, 2013 at 05:15 PM.
    Montani Semper Liberi

(Lancaster County)

So instead of forwarding the abusive PM to the staff where they can handle it properly, you decided to air it in public?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Chester County)

Wow, I guess people aren't getting my sarcasm...

I was not offended by what he called me, hence why I wouldn't even bother reporting it. It was more a commentary on his response to me when trying to buy something... I guess I'm the only one here who finds it ridiculous.
    Feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/57629-amc58.html
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by AMC58 View Post
    Wow, I guess people aren't getting my sarcasm...

I was not offended by what he called me, hence why I wouldn't even bother reporting it. It was more a commentary on his response to me when trying to buy something... I guess I'm the only one here who finds it ridiculous.
    i agree that it is as ridiculous as all of us complaining about liberals and gun grabbers on a message board and proclaiming it makes us patriots.
    Montani Semper Liberi

I will not suggest self abuse, but you might want to infract yourself and go stand in the corner for this post. My responses are in blue.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC58 View Post
    Could we get a "DUMB ANSWER, RETHINK BEFORE SENDING" button put in the PM's so that people's ignorant, moronic PM's will be denied before they're sent and we have to waste precious seconds or minutes of our lives we'll never get back reading them?

I've got an listing in the classifieds for 6 different kinds of .223 JHP premium ammo. I get this response from a member (whom I'm assuming he's probably 21 or older, because he is on a firearms forum):

Don't assume anything. There is no age requirement, and even if there were, no way to actually enforce it. He could be a kid. You could be a kid. Even I could be a kid.

"I am looking for .223 brass case ammo"

When I respond to him:
    "Wow, could you be ANY MORE VAGUE with your question? I mean, did you even read the listing??? I'm looking for .223 brass cased ammo as well; FMJ, not JHP. Really..."

As this is written by you, it is not a question. Assuming that you have reported it accurately, you are the one in error here. And he does say brass case. Perhaps you should have specified your ammo was brass cased in your ad.

I get this response:
    "Ok how about this go f--k yourself .Stick it up your a--" (not censored, or course)

So in essence, he thinks I'm the DOUCHE ROCKET when his post is utterly ridiculous? I mean, I'd have to kick MY OWN ASS if I sent that post.

I'm not sure whether to laugh or to cry when I think of the sad state of affairs our country has become... <face palm>
    Next time you have a problem like this, ignore it, or go do something else. Or report the post. We don't really need posts about people who can't read or write by people who are not reading what was posted and making assumptions.