Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default National Reciprocity

Forgive me if this has been posted; I looked here, and couldn't find it.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...est=latestnews

The Toomey deal might include a National Reciprocity for legal carry, in exchange for the the 'changes' in background checks.

No thanks I have everything I need in my state. For example I will never travel to NY to spend even a penny of my money.

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

Default Re: National Reciprocity

The only national reciprocity agreement we should be talking about is abolishing all laws and regulations of the ownership and carrying of arms.

The great object is that every man be armed. - Patrick Henry
    Practicing free speech outside of the designated free speech zones.

(Wayne County)

Pulled from the bill at the request of Schumer. He didn't want to offend the little dictator Bloomberger or Commie Cuomo.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    Pulled from the bill at the request of Schumer. He didn't want to offend the little dictator Bloomberger or Commie Cuomo.
    So that is the compromise ??? Take this, take that, and give nothing back ?? I DONT THINK SO.... NO QUARTER... let them try to pass it.. it will go NOWHERE...

(Allegheny County)

You mean they might allow us peasants to exercise 2A as it stands under their inferior unlawful statutes if we jump through some hoops? Hooray.

(Tioga County)

Lets not forget. when it gets to the house it can be defeated outright or "tweaked". Should it be tweaked in the house I think it goes to a Joint committee.
    USNRET '61-'81

(Tioga County)

I have a drivers licence which is honored by all of the other states, I think a LTCF should be the same. Too many hoops to jump through with all the nonsense of this state accepts this, doesn't accept that or doesn't accept anything at all.

To get national reciprocity passed, I don't see it happening anytime soon. Too many chickens in office. We got to save the kids and all that you know. Make the laws as complicated as possible and then only enforce them on the easy target citizens that mind their own business.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    I have a drivers licence which is honored by all of the other states, I think a LTCF should be the same. Too many hoops to jump through with all the nonsense of this state accepts this, doesn't accept that or doesn't accept anything at all.

To get national reciprocity passed, I don't see it happening anytime soon. Too many chickens in office. We got to save the kids and all that you know. Make the laws as complicated as possible and then only enforce them on the easy target citizens that mind their own business.
    It's difficult to rationalize staunch support of our constitutional right to keep and bear arms as provided by the second amendment while disregarding the words of the tenth amendment: The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Suppose the federal government passes a law that mandates all states must accept another state's CFP/CCP/LTCF. What's to stop the ball rolling from there? Next could be all gun transfers in every state ust go through a FFL, and after that, a federal gun registry. If we allow the federal government to seize power which they are not granted per Article 1, Section 8 because on the outside it seems like we might benefit from it, we start down a slippery slope where the next power grab might not be something we'd be so pleased about. Let's keep the power to enact firearm laws within the states, where it belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by schr8er2000 View Post
    So that is the compromise ??? Take this, take that, and give nothing back ?? I DONT THINK SO.... NO QUARTER... let them try to pass it.. it will go NOWHERE...
    you don't compromise with Liberals period.
    The answer to a fool is silence.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast