Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Dauphin County)

Default Looking to join HH&A

Looking to joing have visited once in the past but do not really know the protocol as I believe that something was mentioned about listing a current member. Any direction would be appreciated. Thank you

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: Looking to join HH&A

I am in the process of joining Blue Ridge. I downloaded the form and mailed it in. Basically, I was told that their meeting is the Second Wednesday of every month. I'll have to wait til then. They will vote me in.

http://www.blueridgesportsmanclub.com/

I would give a call.

They're known for their trap shoots.

(Dauphin County)

Just go to the HH&A web site and fill out the new member application to join. If you don't know any current members just leave that part blank. Once you mail in your application they will notify you that you have been approved and you will have to attend a new member orientation meeting before you get your membership card. At the orientation meeting you will meet some of the people that run the club, they are a great group of people.

(Dauphin County)

Angry Re: Looking to join HH&A

Belonged till I was 18. Joined military, now, 23 years later it has went downhill. Too much development in the area, archery is all but non-existant, and trap/skeet is completely done cause of some tree hugger. So sad what has happened to a once great club that I have many fond memories with my father teaching me so much that I will never be able to do with my son there.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by HogFeeder View Post
    Belonged till I was 18. Joined military, now, 23 years later it has went downhill. Too much development in the area, archery is all but non-existant, and trap/skeet is completely done cause of some tree hugger. So sad what has happened to a once great club that I have many fond memories with my father teaching me so much that I will never be able to do with my son there.
    Both of my children (son, age 14, daughter, age 10) are junior members and together we shoot rifle, pistol, and my daughter has a beginner's bow. The plinking range is great for a beginner and a lot of fun. My daughter was very excited at shooting a 1-1/2" group at the 25 yard rifle range her first time out. My son enjoys shooting a S&W M&P 22 pistol and looks forward to competing in some PPL matches this summer. With the 100, 50, and 25 yard rifle ranges, plinking range, PPL range, indoor and outdoor archery ranges, and indoor pistol range, there is plenty for us to do.

It may be that since trap/skeet has never been an interest of mine, I can be plenty satisfied with the other facilities, and I can enjoy all of it with my children. I would like to see some Ruger Rimfire two gun matches sometime, and would be willing to coordinate them, if asked. I also would like to be able to use my own steel targets on the rifle ranges (all ranges are paper targets only, except for the plinking range which has hanging steel targets). If sharing trap/skeet with your children is important, then HHA is very limited, but if you want to teach them to shoot a .22 rifle or pistol, a bow, or a BB or air rifle, then there are a lot of opportunities there.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

(Bucks County)

I am a newish HH&A member but neither a Hunter nor a Angler. I just like to shoot guns. There is a very nice pistol range (50+ stalls?), rifle range(out to 150 yrds i think), Police Pistol Combat range that is from point blank to 25yrds. There is also an array of blackpowder options. Plus indoor pistol and rimfire range

There is a small thrower for clays but nothing compared to the now closed trap houses. Its good enough for a cheap afternoon.

Most Saturdays there is someone in the office. That's how i got in